Friday, 2 October 2026

A medical post

 Going back to May 23rd 2026, I wrote a post about receiving a letter from Capita plc asking me to confirm my details with the NHS. I did not reply to this as I do not want my information put into a Capita digital data base. You can read about it here. 

About a week ago I got some texts from our medical centre here asking me to contact them. I wondered why because I never hardly ever go there. I am not participating in the ongoing free jabby thing, that they keep sending me reminders for. Anyway, I walked across the road to our medical centre and spoke to a receptionist. They want to confirm my address. I did so, same address for 25 years. 

This video has come to light, a doctor talking about the digital database. 

The NHS has started removing patients from GP lists — and now plans to speed it up. Here’s what’s going on. 👇
6–7 million more registered patients than the Census shows. GP funding is per-patient, so NHS England is sending letters asking people to confirm their registration.
No response = flagged, then automatically removed within 3 months.
Now they want to remove reminder letters and go digital-only — risking vulnerable patients most.
If you get a letter, respond straight away.

Maybe this information will be helpful to someone else, so I am happy to pass it on. Perhaps this is a choice that I am not able to make for myself. At the moment I don't need the NHS, except for free hearing aid batteries. I must be saving them thousands of £'s. I wonder what will happen if I should fall ill. I shall try not to. 

Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are open.