Thursday 12 May 2016

Excited by colour

Hello and Good Morning. I was in town the other day, Tuesday I think, and took a peek into the 20 21 Arts Centre to see what's going on. They are setting up a new exhibition which opens on Saturday. It looks very interesting, lots of coloured blobs and lots of ceiling lights shining down on them to send the reflections bouncing around the room. Liz West is the artist, she works with colours and lights to make amazing installations. Stunning pictures on her web site. It's open late tomorrow night for a preview so I might go to that. Should be good when it is dark outside. 
They had some strange bits and pieces in another exhibition which was all about Chinese jewelry. It was all a bit odd, but then some art is odd. Not sure how you would hang this piece around your body, the mind boggles. I could make that, ha ha.


Here is a snippet of what I am working on. I want to get this finished by the middle of June because we are having an art exhibition in the Village Hall, and I want this to be on show.

Must get on with it. Thanks for popping in. Catch ya soon. Toodle pip

4 comments:

  1. I would love to see this , it looks amazing,,
    your creation looks lovely and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope to see what you come up with, I like your flowers.
    That Chinese thing, looks like a hangmans noose to me, not sure how you'd wear it either, unless a belt or necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your art. What on earth is the noose thing? The mind truly boggles!!!! Weather glorious here. Hope it is up north.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog and all that you are doing. Read about you in the newspaper when I was in England earlier this year (I'm an American). Please keep up your good work!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.