Wednesday 4 October 2023

Coffee at the Club

There was a lively crowd at the Coffee Morning this morning. I took six pet beds, which were quickly snapped up. People are finding all kinds of uses for them, not just for pets. One lady was disappointed because she wanted one. I have plenty of fabric, which was given to me, so I will make some more. They are easy to make, cut a double bed size duvet into nine equal squares, then cut the fabric to fit, and Bob's your uncle. The sewing machine does the work. 
I sell them for charity. I ask for £1each but people often give me more. Donation just given towards the Christmas Party at the club.  
We have an artist member who comes along every week. He sits sketching while chatting. Today he brought along a portfolio of his work. Now I wouldn't normally buy a picture from someone else, I have lots of my own. I saw a painting which I particularly liked, and couldn't resist it. I loved Portmeirion when I was there, so that was the picture I chose. He will frame it, after I have visited his house to choose the frame. 
Time for a dog walk. Billy will be waiting for me. Toodle pip.   ilona
 

3 comments:

  1. Debi from Leicester.Hi Ilona.I wish that my cats would lay on those sort of pet beds.When they were younger they would,but at this moment it seems to be cardboard or news papers!.Those big bags for life used to be another favourite of theirs,but then they went off them as well,lol.My head is quite comfy for Lily because she likes to launch herself on me about 2am,scrabble around my face and then lays purring and putting her claws into my hair n head while she gets herself settled!!.Anyway,I hope that you are able to put a picture of your new painting on here.I would love to see it!.Its so nice to have a painting of somewhere you have been and loved.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have got a few of these scattered around the house. They come in useful when the cats decide they want to sleep in another place.

      Delete
  2. I make cat/pet quilts from old bed duvets and curtains for the cover. Fully machine washable of course. Very quick to dry. I give them to a local cat charity. They use them for their resident kitties and also sell them for £2 for funding. Keeps me busy, so win win.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published after my approval.