Tuesday 6 June 2023

Where have I been?

Good Morning, I'm back. This is the first time I have been to a conference and I'm buzzzzzzing. 
The Better Way Conference was held at the Apex Hotel in Bath. The first one was held last year. Go to the web site if you want more information about that. There will probably be a report on this years event when they have put it all together.  
I arrived in Bath on Thursday afternoon. I had a look at booking a room but they were either out of my price range or didn't have any vacancies. I had to admit that I didn't look very hard, I could always car camp, which is what I did. I knew there was a possibility of using the Park and Ride. Leave my car there, free parking for people who use the bus. It is 2.5 miles away. Sometimes I walked, down hill into town, uphill back to the car at the end of the day. Twice I got a taxi back. The bus times didn't always fit in with the conference times. Cheaper than paying £150 - £200 a night for a room in a hotel. 
I went for the Full Monty package, £640 for three days, and the Gala Dinner on the Thursday night. I felt this is something I had to do. I wanted to meet people face to face who have the same beliefs as I have. And put faces to the people I have been reading about and watching on the internet during the last three and a half years. 
I could have spent the money on a holiday, a cruise or a posh hotel. I could have spent it on the house. I could have put it towards up grading my car, but for me the value is in education and learning. Knowledge is power, and it gives me peace of mind when I understand what is going on. 
At the moment sovereignty is being stripped away from all of our lives. We are told what to think, and what to say. The way forward has to be make our own decisions, and not be bullied by those who think they know better. 
Anyway, off my high horse. I have tons of photo's to sort out and will be posting about this over the next few days. You can read and digest, or read and discard. It's up to you. 
Nice to be back. I took the scenic route back home through the Cotswolds, so there will be photo's of that to follow. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

17 comments:

  1. So many good people on that stage Ilona. Glad you enjoyed it. Briony x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This event was a welcome change from all the doom and gloom being thrown about from people who are unable to grasp the full meaning of freedom and sovereignty. It was a delight to know that I could speak to anyone face to face and know that they were on the right side.

      Delete
  2. Wish I could have gone Ilona. I would have loved to hear all the wise people there. Looking forward to your thoughts and photos. 👍💪

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The decision for me to go to the conference was easy. The world is going in the wrong direction. I needed to meet people who are on the right side. You could consider going next year, because I am sure there will be many more of them.

      Delete
  3. Can’t wait to read about this outing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting - I certainly don't trust any longer. the people who appeared to be in a position of authority x,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Question everything. The people who put themselves in authority are those who have the most money. They have no interest in you or me. Their only interest is the power that money gives them. It's up to us to say no, I'm not doing that.

      Delete
  5. I’m absolutely stoked that you went to this and feel that making connections with like minded people is always money well spent. Looking forward to hearing more and seeing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was brilliant. There are a lot of good people out there. It's a matter of finding them.

      Delete
  6. I love how you're getting involved. Plenty of people are aware of what is going on but are doing nothing about it. People are still in disbelief even though our economy is ruined now. Glad you're spreading the word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my intention to stay informed. Others can choose to do the same, or drop out.

      Delete
  7. I adore Katie Hopkins! She never comes to my part of the world unfortunately

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was a little bit brash at the beginning of her journey in television. Loved how she handled Alan Sugar. Love how she bounces back when she is knocked down. She now has a massive following in the USA and UK. And all for speaking her mind.

      Delete
  8. This sounded a really interesting event, with some great speakers who aren't afraid to put their point of view.

    Pleased to be able to comment again.

    Amanda, Sussex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amanda. There is nothing to be afraid of when you know you are right.

      Delete
  9. 640 quid!! Imagine how many avocados and pots of baby food you could have bought with that!
    That said if I count the booze I drank, I think I burnt double that during my time in Bath.
    Sounds like you had a good time meeting interesting people and maybe a not so interesting northern monkey from “ull”.
    By the way I love the shed
    W

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. Lunch in the park was a bonus. Good conversation with a like minded handsome bloke from 'ull'. :o)

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.