Tuesday, 15 September 2026

Climb every tower

The last few pics from Sunday at Gainsborough. There is a narrow stone spiral staircase up to the top of the tower. Might as well do it while I am here. So what did I see. The church is not far away. 

Hold tight mother, here is a short video. 

After I left the Hall I had a walkabout. The town was very quiet on a Sunday afternoon. Wetherspoons was busy, and so was a bar next to the river. I had a wander through the shopping centre Marshalls Yard. Here are the rules. 

The Railway Station is close by. It's very basic, two platforms with a bridge across the track. No waiting room, no ticket office, no toilets. Buy a ticket with your mobile phone. 

Time to go home. I took a more direct route back to Scunthorpe along the main road. The scenic route is nice, but the twisty narrow roads make it a slow journey. 

Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may comment. I may not reply. I may delete your comment. This is my diary.