Saturday, 12 September 2026

Staying positive

 I found Sandra Hart. She is ten years older than me. I respect people who are older than I am. They have so many life experiences to share. 

17,695 views 10 Sept 2026 #complacency #speaking #fear
What responsibility do we have to speak on something we value deeply feels threatened, even when speaking may cost us something? I’ve spent years, encouraging people to find their voice and live authentically. What happens when one becomes afraid to use their voice because they might lose something that means a great deal to them? I found myself asking what am I going to do with the voice I have left?

The world is changing, and we must never stop asking questions. 
So, what did I do today. A litter pick of course. I was on Flixborough Industrial Estate. My bag was half full so I turned down another road that I haven't been down before. OMG, such a mess. 
Here are the pictures.


How many bottles of pee ! ! ! I left these there. Will probably go back another day to empty them. 

69 glass bottles. All bagged up. 

Glass dropped off at the wheelie bin. Put my labels on so people won't think it's a fly tip. 
Two black bin bags added to the red ones from yesterday. 
Lots more tidying up to do here, when I have time. 
I met the Council driver who comes to collect the bags and empty the bins today. He seems a nice chap. Thanked me for my efforts. I quite like working on an Industrial Estate at a weekend when there is nobody there. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may comment. I may not reply. I may delete your comment. This is my diary.