Thursday 30 June 2016

I have walked 500 miles :o)

Hello. We are at the halfway stage of the Walk 1000 miles in one Year challenge, and I'm chuffed to say, I have made the 500. My size five feet with knobbly bunions have suffered no harm at all. The trainers are comfy, even better because they were free, no muscle ache, no blisters, and I am feeling just hunkydory.  
This is how I record my miles. I have a two and a three mile set route. I write daily in the bottom corners of my calendar. On the left, how many I did that day, a cross if none, and the total on the right. I had five no walking days in June. I try not to miss too many as it's hard to catch up. I like to see the numbers rising, a bit like the watching the numbers on my bank statements. Up up up, more miles and more money saved, ha ha.

How are you all doing? I shall expect all members of the walking group to send in their mileage so I can update the walking page. Even if you are lagging behind a bit it's better to do some walking than none at all. Do not despair, do not give up, you owe it to yourself to look after your body and keep fit.

The next six months start tomorrow. It's built into my daily routine now, only 50 minutes to do the three miles. I don't count my normal daily walking, you can do if you walk a lot in your job, I set aside time for walking. and fit it in with whatever I am doing.

I'll leave you with The Proclaimers for a bit of inspiration.



Thanks for popping in. we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

17 comments:

  1. Well done for clocking up so many miles! Here`s to another 500! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I would walk 500 miles....if I could get away from the state this country is now in.

    Other than that, I prefer to potter and walk from A to B and not bother with any numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Ilona, that's a great achievement:) I'm stood up and walking about all day at work so I don't think I'd be up for the challenge! I can't sit still for long though, I'm too used to moving about because of that haha.

    Alex :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Ilona! I made a note to myself to actually get the miles to you on time this month. 87 for me, a little bit less than usual, but not bad at all. I am pretty pleased with that.
    It's very warm and humid here right now. I mowed my yard and 4 of my neighbors' yards this morning, so I am done for the day-whew!

    Looking forward to more pics of your new sewing project.

    Here's to a fab July!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iona

    I am so impressed with your miles.. So impressed. And envious. And jealous.

    My muscles/joints to not work so well, and it is not so easy for me, much walking..
    but
    honestly, you have inspired me to once more give this a try..
    I will do inchbit, little bit at a time, and hopefully can work up..

    Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Ilona, well done! Here is my total as at today, 30th June, 592 miles, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Ilona you have done really well, especially with everything else you have been up to.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that song. Haven't been good at recording my miles but am on Week 4 of Couch to 5k running plan. Quite proud of myself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. 86 miles - cheers to the 1/2 way mark!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous to read about all your walking...makes me a bit jealous as foot/ankles keep my walking to a minimum...one of my favorite songs...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good on you and your readers. Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Due to some horrible weather we had here, I just managed 31 miles. But I hope to do better if summer eventually comes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ilona, I'm afraid I've fallen behind target a bit this month. Total to date is 478 miles. I've got a long walk planned for next week, though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Attempted to roll along with you but only got up to 45 before the shoulders hurt so much I had to spend money on massage therapy, so not quite the outcome I'd expected. I do miss walking, though. Thanks for the song!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done on your mileage Ilona. I can't get that song out of my head now. My total is now 502. I have posted it on my blog and linked back here. Thank you again for your support and encouragement. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to you Ilona:) thanks for your support and encouragement! Your walking goal is so inspiring. my total is 577 but it's not about the number:) Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! I am just starting to log my total walking miles. I generally walk 3 to 5 miles 4 days a week but with the recent hot and super humid weather here in Tennessee - I have to wait until after work later in the day. Your blog and walking program have been very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.