Monday 27 June 2016

New exhibition at 20 21 Arts Centre

Hello. I took a few photo's of a new exhibition at the 20 21 Arts Centre on Saturday. Adele Howitt is a ceramics artist, and her work is influenced by the countryside and coast, and has links with nature. The amazing intricacies of her designs shows just how much detail goes into her sculptures. Here is a link to her web site if you want to read more about her. 




I got to speak with Adele who lives over on the north bank at Hull where she has a studio. Pottery is not really my thing, but these are stunning. How they were transported without damage is a miracle. Quite a few people arrived so I stepped aside as they wanted to ask her questions.

Two new members came to Crafty Club this morning, they didn't bring any work with them but they are keen to get started on patchwork. Carol is going to give them some instruction next week.

I have doubled up on the walk today, twice x 3 miles. Tonight I did a different route which was quite nice. It took me down the hill and up through the woods, along the road to the water tower, down a track, and back into the village on the road. I will do that route again. Three days left and nine miles to do to get me to the 500, easy peasy.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

4 comments:

  1. Truly beautiful work! What amazing talent this woman has. Thanks for the link. I browsed through photos of her other works. Magical in a way.
    Hope you enjoy your walks, my friend. It has been raining quite a bit here in Miami. At least it keeps things cool =)

    Take care!
    Lisa in Miami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the work, so organic and the limited palette makes you focus on the shapes -stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with your walking and thanks for sharing this beautiful pottery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the pottery is beautiful. I have a very interesting book by Keith Allardyce called Found - Beachcombing in Orkney where
    people make use of their sea-finds. SueM

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.