Monday 26 November 2018

Hello Oscar

It's looking like there might be another addition to my furry family. Micky on the table is not moving in, he lives two doors down and is always hanging around. He is a naughty boy though, as soon as my back is turned he dashes straight in and buries his head in whatever food bowl he can find. 
Other cat has been a regular visitor for the past few months. Sometimes sleeping in the cat sun house down the bottom of the garden. Sometimes sleeping on the cushion under the table. He wanders around, visiting another house round the corner, scrounging food wherever he can. His owner has been to look for him, and hasn't been able to find him. We have had a conversation, and she has agreed with me that it would be unfair to force him to go back home. He has been away for many months now. He is mainly an outdoor cat and does not like to be trapped.

So, if he wants to stay here he can. He is 8.5 years old, comes in for food, and hopefully in time he will want to stay indoors a bit more often. I don't feel at this stage that I should should shut him in, but I look out for him and let him in when I see him. I am calling him Oscar. Mayze and Heidi don't seem too fazed by this new addition.   ilona

17 comments:

  1. Lovely news! My flat feels very quiet with 'only' 2 cats now, but it's a bit soon to consider an addition yet. Am sure that Oscar will come inside more once the weather turns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you wonderful lady x I hope that Oscar will come in from the very cold weather we will have this winter x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky Oscar! I'm sure he'll be inside sooner rather than later with this cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to read about your feline friends. As I write this I have four cats asleep in different parts of my house (they all hate each other) - and not one of them is mine, they all belong to other people, one is even from the next road, but they know where to come for a bit of warmth and affection, not to mention the occasional Whiskas Temptations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi ilona heidi mayze and oscar it is so much like what happened here. my beautiful male maine coon simba passed on in 2017 aged 13 i was devastated as he was just wonderful. however not that much time had elapsed before benny started edging his way in as before he would come for a tit-bit or two but simba always would chase him away. now he is a permanent fur baby and lives with another rescue cat amy who can be sometimes jealous of him. like you i feel sorry for abandoned or lost cats and have in the past done volunteer work for cats protection. you are a true animal lover like me so pleased for you i am sure he will make you happy - what do mayze and heidi think of him. lots of love liz amy and benny.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have 6 cats here - all strays (2 children of a stray who is still with us too). Another one arrived this summer. All have been neutered and are much loved. The latest arrival has been a house cat and wants to be one again, but the others are still a bit upset by him being indoors. Much Feliway and Zylkene needed at the moment.

    Your new puss looks a lovely chap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite a handsome gent, isn't he? He'll make a lovely addition to your household.. very kind of you to find a spot for him ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love our stray cat - she meowed up at our door last March and is still here - I found out later that her owner had gone into a carehome so I’m glad she found us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't he a lovely looking boy... They tend to seek out the people they want to live with, don't they? That's the way my cats did, anyway. There seems to be a secret way cats know to find a safe house. In his own time he will come in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's lovely Ilona.I did similar years ago with a dog.The owners weren't bothered one bit.One night I saw him under a hedge in the snow and brought him in and he never left.He was elderly and needed to be cared for and comfortable but refused to walk with a lead x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The waifs and strays love you Ilona, they must sense what a good soul you are.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would really miss having a cat. I'm on my third one now and they've all been adult, rescue ones.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  13. He's lovely! My Boy was on my back Verandah one morning, i said hello,& he never left, i did find the owners,but they didn't really want him! That was 3 years ago, he was an outside Cat,but now sleeps on my bed!Oscar is a very lucky Boy to have you!😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely cat! So glad he is comfortable hanging out at your place. He may want to join you for the remainder of his days! I enjoy your blog and money saving tips! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Handsome boy!.And what a loving home he has found!xx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.