Tuesday 20 October 2020

Proud of my box.

 Good morning. Today I put my tins and glass recycling box out for collection. The lorry comes for these every two weeks, but I put mine out every four or six weeks, depending how much there is. So this is four weeks worth, I could leave it for another two weeks, or even four weeks. It isn't in the way at all, I store it in the outhouse. The box stays clean as I don't leave it outside to deteriorate in the weather. 

Six pieces of glass, so what did I drink. One bottle of beer, a bottle of sherry, and a bottle of wine. On the cans side there are two cans of cider, with baked beans, spaghetti hoops, and rice pudding cans. All arranged very artistically I might add. 

The blue box for the paper recycling gets put out even less often, maybe twice a year. Hardly anything to put in there, and since we haven't been getting as much junk mail in the last few months, I might be able to stretch that to a once a year collection. 

Not looking good outside. I will go to the mobile library today, see if there are any more pick and mix books to collect. 

5 comments:

  1. Your glass etc is so nice and tidy. We put paper, jars, bottles, foil into the recycle blue bin, other waste goes into a bag and tied up. We also have food waste recycling etc. egg shells, tea bags, fruit & veg. Our Bin men are very helpful and they bring the bins back to there they are stored. i think it's a day indoors tidying up.
    Hazel c uk 🌈🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat and tidy, it almost seems a shame that it will just be tipped to join the great messy and unwashed in the council wagon.

    Back in Wales we put our recycling out every two weeks (everything rinsed and clean but just chucked in) although in Conwy it is collected weekly as the black bins are only collected once a month now, but our black bin goes out about once every three months, we don't have a green bin as we always composted our own stuff.

    Now I've moved to a completely different area (and country) I am going to have to learn how this council does things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My local council will not take glass so I take it to the supermarket bottle bank. There is a huge list of stuff they wont take and it's really annoying. No plastic except bottles!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our local council is quite good - we have food waste in a small brown bin, paper in a large reusable blue sack, glass in a green lidded box and tins, plastic bottles, plastic tubs and lids, tetrapaks in another green box. They also take small electrical items as well. All recycling is collected weekly. Black bin (incinerated waste) is fortnightly and green bin (garden waste) the other fortnightly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mobile library! What a perfect solution that would be to these times. Our library is open by appointment only. We had a 'bookmobile' when I was a girl. Taking books to the community seems like a very novel way (see what I did there?) to reach the housebound folks in these strange days.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.