Saturday 31 October 2020

Short and fat or long and thin.

 I tried again with the orange flag, still not right. So I changed to smaller needles and reduced the stitches to 15 instead of 20, for the blue one. Still not right, too short. Then I changed the frequency of reducing the stitches for the green one. That's better, long and thin is best. Now all I have to do is make about 20 of these in different colours. 

We had a lot of rain this morning but thank goodness it cleared up for the Billy walk this afternoon. He won't stand still for very long. Come on, lets go, I'm bored. 

The spooks are out. A few body parts hanging around here. 

Enter at your peril.

A ghostly dance around the cauldron. 

I'm glad it's stopped raining so the kids can enjoy walking around the village hunting for lollipops and sweeties. I might go and have a look myself, not for the sweeties, but to see the displays lit up. 
Don't forget, it's check in day tomorrow for the International Walking Group members. 
Thanks for popping in, Catch ya tomorrow. Toodle pip.   ilona

6 comments:

  1. I can see the difference with the green bunting and thats the one I will be aiming for...if Im lucky,lol.A few years ago,a lot of people,including me,trimmed up so that kids knew where to knock.Mine were quiet minimal but enough to let kids know that I had sweets for them.This year there is nothing outside and there have been no knocks at the door.No other trimmings or decorations in our street.Another sign of the times.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jac in Exeter Nothing here either - a genuinely dismal Halloween

      Delete
  2. The green bunting looks OK.
    We have had rain nearly all day today but about 3.30 the sun came out just in time for the children to decorate there pumpkins etc. and there was a quiz for the youngsters to do i could here lots of excited children around, I was so pleased the weather stayed good.
    Hazel c uk 🌈🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very quiet here in Devon didn't seem like Halloween at all. Nobody knocked for trick or treat. We always had a big children's party with all the nieces and nephews grandchildren etc and their parents. Party games like Apple bobbing pass the parcel, musical statues was great fun and most used to come in fancy dress. My niece used to do face painting it was lovely. Really miss it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you would get the stitch reduction worked out. Love all the Halloween decorations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing here either. I saw one house had three pumpkins outside the front door in daylight but they weren’t carved. Didn’t see one child out on the streets and heard no voices outside either like other years. A bit sad really but hopefully it will be better next year again.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.