Yesterday I got a bus to town and walked back home. The road out of town is very busy, it is also full of litter. I am not going to have time to pick it all up so I concentrated on just picking up the cans and plastic bottles. There are three public litter bins along that road, so as soon as my bag was full I emptied it into a bin. When I got to this point I decided to speed it up a bit and stop picking, making a mental note of where I would come back to at a later date.
I carried on walking at a normal pace and turned left down this road. Oh dear, lots more litter here. I pulled it all out of the hedge bottom and left it there. Then I took a short cut into the Industrial Estate I normally pick on. Look what I found. I filled my bag, plus another one that I had found.
Then I found a whole load of bottles and cans among the brambles here. No more bags left, so what I did was pull all the debris out with my stick, and leave it spread about on the grass verge. Maybe when people drive past and see it, it might make people stop and think before they chuck something out of the window. Or maybe they won't.
I walked through to the other end of the Industrial Estate, and thought I would explore a route I hadn't used before. Someone told me about it ages ago. As I was searching for the way into a wooded area, a young man came by with his dog. I asked him if he knew about it. He did and pointed the track out to me. He was right. I recorded a short video as I was walking.
I will keep this new walking route in mind when I am heading this way again. A nice end to the day. It had been raining when I left town, and now the sun was out as I headed towards home.
Thanks for popping in. Enjoy your Sunday. Toodle pip. ilona
No comments:
Post a Comment
I might publish your comment, or I might not.