Saturday, 8 August 2026

Where did I go today.

 I usually have a leisurely coffee first thing, look out of the window to see what the weather might be like, check if there are any events written on the calendar, then decide if I am going to go out or not. This morning it was a 'yes' let's do it. Then I get the cats sorted out with their breakfast, pack some food for me in the rucksack, and off I go. 

Down the M181, across the M180, down the M18, join the M1 northbound, off at junction 36. Then some minor roads to Elsecar Heritage Village, not far from Barnsley. All without a satnav. About one hour. Here is the link to the web site. 


I have been here before, in January 2020, so I am due another visit. Here is a link to that blog post. 
There is a Craft Fair on this weekend. Indoor stalls and outdoor stalls. Eating and drinking outside in the courtyard. It was very hot. I looked for a bench in the shade. 

More pictures to come tomorrow. The nights are drawing in, and I am going to get a glass of wine before I chill and watch a video. 
Catch ya tomorrow. toodle pip.   ilona

1 comment:

  1. Looks a great day and weather ilona I'm going to the cinema later to pass some time on going with mum xxx think moana or spiderman on.. something to watch . Having a Salad sunday Lunch for dinner soon. . She's just preparing it in the kitchen.. enjoy your Sunday ilona 👌 😎 😌 🔥

    Best wishes Levi xx 😘 ♥️

    ReplyDelete

I might publish your comment, or I might not.