Thursday 16 September 2010

I love a bargain

I had an idea in mind for todays post, but it is a bit late now to start putting it together, so I'll save it for tomorrow. Ben has gone home, runny bum no longer runny, and he is nicely groomed as well. His fur is quite long and gets matted so you need to keep on top of the job. I comb him a little bit at a time when I see him, and trim up the straggly ends. He looked quite tidy when I took him back.

The reason I am late is because I went to Tesco to get my shopping. I deliberately left it till after 8pm to get the bargains, and look how many reduced price stickers I have got ;o)


I wouldn't normally buy most of these items at all because they are far too expensive, so it is nice to have a treat. There's strawberries, raspberries, and grapes. Naughty cookies, Houmous, pasta salad, potato salad, celery sticks, seeded and multi grain bread. Mushrooms, veg selection, lettuce, and celery salad.

I got a few other things I needed as well, bran flakes, yoghurt, cartons of fruit juice, bananas, lemon juice, tuna chunks, sesame seed oil, and a few tins. The whole lot came to £22.48. It reminded me of the time when I was filmed in Tesco, that was almost two years ago. I'm still getting the bargains now, I must have saved myself a fortune by shopping late. I'm well chuffed.

8 comments:

  1. NAUGHTY NAUGHTY COOKIES nom nom nom. What will you do with it all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erm....eat it every day till it's gone :o) Some of the bread will go in the freezer, and some of it will be fine to eat up to a week later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh........ I love Tesco stores♥ Well done Ilona:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ilona, We always buy reduced items in the evening too, then plan our meals around them for the week after freezing them. It does save a fortune doesn't and you're right a lot of the food lasts for days after the sell by date. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh that looks like a feast indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how excited you are Ilona. We had a buzz the other day. We arrived at Asda just as the man was going around the meat with his gun ( I know you don't eat meat, so it would not have been any good for you.) Every thing was going half price. We lurked about and I kept going to and fro getting the bargains, I saw the man give me a funny look but the basket was full so we retreated to the till.
    We returned this week but nothing !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. look at all those yellow stickers!! Well done, Ilona :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That`s amazing. I can see an awful lot of meal options with all that! Well done!!
    I just keep thinking about that article I read about al the items that don`t get sold in this way and end up in the bin, out the back of supermarkets.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.