Tuesday 26 May 2015

Zzzzzzzzzzz. Ooops, fell asleep

Oh dear, I'm nodding off while sat at the computer. Do you ever do that? Getting up early and running around all day, has that effect on me. I can easily doze off while in an upright position, I think it's called power napping. I just had 40 winks while uploading these two photo's. Today I helped my friend deliver her Parish Newsletters. It was so warm I wore my baggy shorts, you remember those, the blue ones which flap around my kneecaps. Yes, I've still got them. 
This is a photo of my dinner tonight, which was the same as my dinner last night. I made a curry with the rest of the tin of  salad beans, plus an onion and some frozen chopped leeks. I won't buy the leeks again the outer skins were tough to chew. Instead of rice I did pasta, there is enough left for tomorrow. 
Hey look at this, the roof joins are sealed with tape. How did I do it? I found a man with a big ladder and long arms. He could reach across. Easy innit, ha ha.
I've got a two day trip coming up soon. I'll be staying at Haworth Youth Hostel, Yorkshire, walking in that area, and visiting Saltaire near Bradford. One reader is meeting me in Saltaire, anyone else want to come? Let me know and I'll tell you when.

My typing is getting a bit sloppy, keep hitting the wrong keys, I had better sign off before I fall asleep again.
Toodle pip.

11 comments:

  1. Your dinner and your roof look great. We had a really warm day here too. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The roof is looking good....Now about those leeks....Try fresh leeks...you will find them much better than frozen...I love leek soup/broth!
    Night, night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Fresh is always best I reckon. I tried the frozen leeks just in case they were as good. They weren't so I wont bother again.

      Delete
  3. Good job on finding someone with a ladder and long arms to seal the roof. Have a great time on your trip, and we'll look forward to pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we like a power nap too!
    What luck 'finding that man', ladder and all.
    Hope you have a great trip.
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was at Saltaire 3weeks ago, Ilona to visit the Hockney Exhibition. Salts Mill is well worth a visit and I enjoyed the exhibition of its history ver much. There is a beautiful bookshop which kept me quiet on a very rainy day. We love Yorkshire as I am married to a Yorkshire man's son and we have been viviting since 1970! Have a good break-I'll look forward to hearing your views on Hockney. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cartiona. I went to Salts Mill about four years ago, hence it's time for another visit. I can tell you now what I think of Hockney's work, I love it. In my eyes he has never painted a bad picture.

      Delete
  6. Spent a day in Haworth last year and absolutely loved it. Can't believe you've built a whole summer house for free, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh Saltaire sounds good. When?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Soon. If you think you would like to meet up with me please email and I will tell you when.

      Delete
  8. Hi.You attract good things and finding a tall, long armed man with a tall ladder who is willing to help is one of those good things.It worked out well,and am glad for you.Will be looking forward to reading about your Yorkshire trip, nice for you to get away for a little while, and meet up with friends.The summerhouse progress is looking great and and was fun to see the repurposed project being built,I must say.Great job!Bye for now,D.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.