Wednesday 27 May 2015

Tidying up my backside

Howdy. It's been a nice day, but it's raining now. I have moved on to another project, the landscape picture is on hold for the time being, I might get it out and look at it again soon. You may remember that I bought a  piece of turquoise  fabric from a charity shop, it was in the 50p basket on the floor. A rummage brought forth a huge piece of  canvas type fabric, just right for shopping bags. I was able to get six out of it. 
I don't want to spend too much time on them with complicated designs. I have gone for the simple option of  using up some of my colourful scraps and cutting them into pieces with straight edges, and machine sewing them on . A quick and easy way to embellish, no measuring, just arrange them and stitch. These are now ready to make up into bags. 
A bit more work on the shed  summer house today. This is the back of it, my neighbours garden is a tad untidy, more like a jungle, there's all kind of rubble and rubbish in there underneath the weeds. He is talking about making this a seating area, I'll ask him if he needs those slabs stacked up, he probably will. He also said he will put a fence between us, so with that in mind I have made a start on tidying up the back of my structure. When the fence goes up only the top two or three feet will be visible to him. That lilac tree by the way is mine, the perfume smells gorgeous. The weeds are all his, none on my side.

I had half a tin of green paint, I thought it would blend in a bit with the shrubs and trees.
I had some paint left so I next did this side. 
I got as far as the first door, and a bit of the black door and left two rows of windows clear. The black door was my neighbours and he only painted it about two weeks ago, so I think that can stay black. Then I did the top ledge of the pallets, and ran out of paint.
Still got some free paint left, but no green. My next job will be to de clutter the garage now I have raided the wood store inside. It looks a proper mess.  It needs a good sort out and some of the rubbish taking to the tip. Then I will have space to move the bits and bobs at the back of the garage, inside, and paint the garage wall so the view from the summer house is more pleasant. Always plenty to do.

Lunch was the last portion of bean curry and pasta. Dinner tonight was a plate of steamed veg topped with grated cheese. There was potatoes, carrots, broccoli, and spinach, all out of date, and all reduced. I didn't take a photo, you know what it looks like.
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip

9 comments:

  1. I hope your neighbour doesn't read your blog, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jayne. I don't think a mid twenties single man would be interested in the ramblings of a dotty middle age spinster, ha ha.

      Delete
    2. Well, he could certainly learn a lot from you! x

      Delete
  2. You know I love the summer house and your bags- both brill. I did also want to see your dinner. I know what it looks like, but as it's not considered polite to ogle other people's meals and ask how much it cost in real life, I like to to do so on your blog. So all photos of your out of date meals greatly appreciated-thanks! Hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell, Ilona. I have been off line for a bit, and enjoyed seeing the progress on your little summer house. I love the serendipity of what comes out of re-used materials. Your shed is the equivalent of a lovely quilt. I just love it. Mary Jane in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back Mary Jane, and thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  4. I love all the colours in the summer house . You are really cracking on with it !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello.Very pretty patterns for the bags,Ilona.I wonder how many bags you've made so far? I like your easy, inexpensive,healthy meals,too.Ace job on the summerhouse,hard work for you some days, but worth it all in the end,so colourful and useful.Forgot to mention before but the photo of Rocky and kitties is precious,and don't they look cozy?You'll just have to squish yourself in there somewhere,The little scamps!Bye for now,D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bags are looking good and giving ideas. Your summer house is coming along great.
    Love the scent of Lilac too. The scent od spring along with fresh cut grass
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.