Wednesday 25 January 2023

The days events

Coffee morning was a hoot. It starts off slowly, a few people arrive, then more come along in dribs and drabs, then a gang of ladies arrive from the nearby pilates class when that finishes at 11am. The chattering gets louder and louder, and we all end up shouting to each other to maintain a conversation. 
After last weeks session I had a very runny nose and a few sneezes. It didn't develop into anything, so thankfully my immune system dealt with that. It just goes to show that the winter sniffles are around. 
I was well impressed with these beautiful mandalas that Hilary has made. They can be used as drip mats, but I think they are too pretty to be covered up with a mug of coffee. I don't know what this type of art is called. Probably available from craft shops, in kit form. You buy the base, in this case small circles. They come with the pattern marked out, the front is sticky, so you just cover it with tiny jewels. Then paint some modpodge over it to seal the surface. Hilary makes big pictures as well. She is working on a Northern Lights design at the moment. 


I took the six pet beds I made with the duvet. All six sold. I only ask for £1 each, a donation to the cat rescue. It's more about using up materials which would otherwise be discarded. 
A new cheque book has arrived in the post this morning. I have recently been sending cheques in the post to charities I support. I am sure my bank would rather I change to internet banking, but that is not going to happen. People may poke fun at me, but I am going to hang on to old fashioned ways for as long as I can. The thought of other people having total control of my digital currency horrifies me. It must be stopped. 

Who is this ginger cat half way up the stairs? Why, it's Mau Mau. I have been trying to get him to come indoors throughout the freezing weather. He gets worried if I close the door. He likes to know he has an escape route. Mau Mau is a shared cat, his owner allows him to spend some of his time here. He lives two streets away. He sleeps in the Summer House. 
This is as far as he will come. Don't you dare close that door. 

I was hoping to go a walk this afternoon, but now it is raining, so it's plan B. Sewing. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona 

7 comments:

  1. I certainly agree with keeping cash and cheques going for as long as I can, the prospect of only having digital currency I find truly frightening. We have seen over the past couple of years just how willing governments and other authorities are to trample over previously held freedom's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Will. I feel digital will come in eventually, but hopefully not in my lifetime. They will try and control the masses by whatever means they have at their disposal. Whether it be through CBDC, land grab, travel, or food. That's why we have to make a stand now, to slow things down.

      Delete
  2. Your friend's craft is called Diamond Dots. There are lots of kits out there and some people save the left overs for free hand work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary is not able to go out very often, so this is the ideal hobby for her.

      Delete
  3. Mau Mau is so cute! I have a soft spot for orange kitties. My Jake kitty actually belongs to our neighbors, but they wanted him to be an outside kitty and he didn’t like it. So, he rules the roost at my house now! 😂 He’s a great snuggle buddy. Looks like Mau Mau is making progress. 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mau Mau is a very independent cat, he lets me stroke him but that's all. He is quite vocal when he comes for food. He has been for his breakfast this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Postage here in the US keeps jumping up too. So the company wants to charge you for a paper bill and the cost to mail a letter is now going up from 60 cents to 63 cents 22nd of January. Everything is going up up and up, except peoples pay checks and pensions. The middle class gets squeezed constantly!!!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.