Now I am fully awake after a good nights sleep. Sunday morning. So did you guess where I went yesterday? Yep, Lincoln. I parked at the top of Steep Hill on Wragby Road. A side road off it, upon reading the signs no restrictions on a Saturday.
A pleasant walk down to the castle and cathedral, a taxing walk back up later on. There was a forties event on at the castle. Free to go in. I love to see people dress up in their vintage costumes. Walk straight in, no charge.
The first person I spoke to was wearing a yellow vest with a lanyard around her neck. Had to say hello, a fellow solo litter picker. What a nice lady. Hello to Jackie. Lincoln litter pickers post on Instagram. I must say, walking all around Lincoln centre, it was very clean. I noticed several purple bags of picked litter awaiting collection. Well done Lincoln Litter Pickers.
I also noticed a young man dressed in orange overalls emptying the bins with his picking stick. I asked him if he was a volunteer, and no, he is paid by a company who have a contract with the council to keep the place tidy. Good idea I thought. Access to the bins by a vehicle is almost impossible, so this job has to be done by hand.
A stage set up inside the grounds. Lady belting out 40's songs. Lots of applause. Man playing with guns, woman drinking a cup of tea. I'll show you how to take this gun apart, and put it back together again. Interesting set up for a camp. Woman selling home baked cakes. I bought one, £4.50, gulp. Supporting a local business.
People queuing up to climb the steps to the walk around the walls. I have done this before, no need to go again, plus I don't like shuffling forward in a queue. The Lincolnshire Vintage Vehicle Society selling their memorabilia.
Rides on a horse and carriage if you fancy that. Lots going on in Lincoln today. More snap happy photo's to come.See ya soon. Toodle pip. ilona
Much cheaper £1pounds .beat that Costa coffee or Starbucks..☕️☕️☕️love the canal 📸 beautiful pictures ilona..
ReplyDeleteI'm off out shortly myself a walk along canal through to town i need some shopping milk bread cheese salad or tonight tea..
See yer 😉
Levi xx ♥️ 💕 ❤️