Monday, 20 July 2026

A bit more of Lincoln

It is Monday morning so I am catching up on the weekend posts. I went out yesterday to Crowle Show, so that post is still to come. So for now, what did I do after I had seen all I wanted to see at the Castle. I took a slow and unsteady walk down the cobbled Steep Hill onto the High Street. 
Lots of people about as you can imagine on a Saturday afternoon. I didn't linger as I passed the shops, just wanted to get through the crowds. My next port of call was a charity shop. If you read my blog you will remember that Pumpkin and Friends, run by Tammy and Richard, fit wheelchairs to disabled dogs. I went to see them at the Showground recently for the disabled dog walk. If you want to read about that here is the link for May 27th. 
They have a new seating area at the back of the shop. Coffee is served at £1 a cup. Much cheaper than other establishments. If you are in Lincoln regularly they give you a loyalty card to collect stamps. Five cups and the next one is free. The shop is just off the High Street at the front of where the Post Office depot vans pull in. Not far from the railway crossing. 
Then I took to wandering about with my camera, looking for a few interesting shots. The pink foliage caught my eye. 

Reflections in the water under the footbridge. 
Oh dear, ugly graffiti.
The Firth Road area looks pretty run down. A mix of new buildings in close proximity to empty abandoned warehouses and factories. A lot of student accommodation around here. 

Boarded up, nature is reclaiming it. 





The Modern Students Union building and Arts Centre. 
A walk along Brayford Wharf, over the bridge and back down the other side. Late Saturday afternoon and the pubs and eateries were thronging with party goers. I stood for a few minutes people watching when a woman I recognised left her friends and came to speak to me. Amazing coincidence. I met her a  few months ago at the Showground. Talking to strangers pays off. She runs a charity shop in a nearby village. 
I made my way back up the High Street and Steep Hill, very slowly. I'm glad I made the effort to go. Twas most enjoyable. 
I will post the pictures of Crowle Show when I have time. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

1 comment:

  1. The pinky flower is Purple Loosestrife. Gosh, lots of graffiti. I always think that behind that graffiti, is always a frustrated artist . . .

    ReplyDelete

I might publish your comment, or I might not.