Monday 21 August 2023

A look at Bolton Abbey.

I set off on Saturday morning, destination Skipton in Yorkshire. It was about lunchtime when I stopped at Bolton Bridge. A place I haven't explored very much before, worth a look. I remembered there were six free parking places just off a roundabout, on a short dead end road. I held my breath as I turned right. Yes, my lucky day. Five cars parked and one empty space. I was soon in there. Within a few minutes of pulling in, two cars stopped and asked me if I was leaving. Phew, that was close, a few minutes later and I would have lost it. Good timing. 
The plan was to take a walk along the River Wharfe, heading north towards Bolton Abbey. It was a lovely day for it, plenty of sunshine. Lots of people were out, children playing in the river.  
Big house close to the Abbey. 

Here is some information on the Bolton Abbey web site.  More details on the Wiki site. 

The River Wharfe is very fast flowing.

This is the Cavendish Memorial. Here is the story behind it. 
There is an official car park for Bolton Abbey. It's close by for those who cannot walk so far. Payment only accepted by card, no cash. 
When I got back to the car I decided to get some food before I moved on to Skipton. I made up a noodle  pot with hot water, but it was so spicy hot just a small taste set my mouth on fire. Could not eat that. I had a sandwich instead. Every time I car camp I bring back food that I haven't eaten. Always take too much. 
Have a look at the video. 
I arrived at the Auction Mart Skipton at 8pm. It's a big place, lots of buildings, big car parks. I tucked myself away in a corner with hedges around me, hoping that nobody would turn up. They didn't, and I was in bed by 9pm. 
Come back tomorrow for the next episode. A walk before the Art Show.
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona 

2 comments:

  1. Morning Ilona.Debi from Leicester here.Well that was a refreshing video to start my day off.What a lovely area!.Interesting buildings as well.I love a mooch around old churches and ruins.In fact Ive always loved doing that even as a child.You would love a place called Bradgate Park in Leicestershire.Lots of history,ruins and great walks and views.Even the deer roaming freely!Thank you for taking us with you.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking at old buildings adds a bit of interest to what might be a long and laborious walk. I like variety in my walks.

      Delete

Comments will be published after my approval.