Tuesday 15 August 2023

Inside Cannon Hall

Good morning. And so I continue with the Cannon Hall photo's. Let's have a look at what is going on indoors. Here is an introduction to the fashion show which is currently on display. 
I see that this event is on until the 10th of September, so not much time left if you want to see it. More information here. 


Cannon Hall Museum will also display original catwalk outfits from the houses of Jean Paul Gaultier, Comme des Garรงons, and Vivienne Westwood.



Someone tell Terry Miles not to come here and bash the piano ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

There are lots of paintings to admire. Check out the Museum page and have a look around with the virtual tour. Use your mouse to guide you around. 
Down in the servants quarters. 
How they used to do the washing. 

Outside in the walled garden they have a sponsorship tree. Make a donation and you can have your name on a leaf. 

Here is a short video about Cannon Hall, excellent drone footage, worth a look. I would say this is a fantastic day out for everyone. Families with kids and dogs, and single walkers like me. The bottom car park opposite the Farm Shop is is £5 per day to park. If you carry on past it and up the lane to the House Car Park it is only £3 per day. Just £1 if you are only visiting for a couple of hours. Cash in the machines, get a ticket for your car. You can easily walk from one car park to the other. The walkways are flat so suitable for kids buggies and motorised buggies. 

That's it for now. The next post will be about the village of Cawthorne. See you then. 

Toodle pip.   ilona 

3 comments:

  1. You produce a really nice blog. I like to see your photos and where you’ve been and I like the fact you take time to put in links for extra information. It’s really good and thoughtful, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do try. It all depends on the time I have, what else I am doing, whether something is fresh in my mind, and how late at night it is. My brain goes to sleep at about 7pm, ha ha.

      Delete
  2. I bet Terry Miles would have played that piano!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published after my approval.