Tuesday 22 August 2023

A walk before the Art Show

Sunday morning at the Auction Mart. The Show starts at 10am so I had time to explore the area. First a coffee, and watch some of the early bird exhibitors arrive. They looked very arty, plenty of colour, they looked the part. The College is next door so I thought I would have a look at that. There is a footpath between the two sites. This is a picture taken from the top of the steps looking down over the Auction buildings. Love the hills in the distance. 
The College looks very impressive, I had a nosey around. Nobody there on a Sunday morning during the summer holidays. The students are very lucky to have these facilities available to them. I almost wished I could take a course there. I was thinking about Rita from Educating Rita, remember that film? She was sat on a bus and asked the young man next to her, if he was a student. When he replied yes, a big grin went across her face as she said, 'So am I'. 

This wall fascinated me. How can you make a curved wall with straight pieces of wood. Each piece perfectly measured. How good is that. The ends perfectly cut to fit the wall. 


Take a look at this short video and admire the views.
Still an hour left to explore before I go into the show. I wanted to find the canal which runs close by. I might get a walk along the towpath later on before I go home. Yep, found it. 
A lot to do in the garden today. I'll be back tomorrow with another video of the Art Show. 
Catch ya later. Toodle pip.   ilona

4 comments:

  1. Some of the colleges and universities are fantastic so many facilities for students.althoughvim in the south my son went to Lancaster uni to get his degree.when I used to visit the uni site was like a huge village with shops even a hotel for parents to stay on site unb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Student facilities seem much more modern now, but I have no idea about the selection process to get into one.

      Delete
  2. Morning Ilona.Debi from Leicester here.Well that certainly was a beautiful morning! Lots of friendly sheep as well.Life dont get much better than this!The photo of the wall was interesting too.I thought...could I try something like that with the old decking still piled up in my garden?....but as the bug house I made collapsed three times,I dont think I will attempt it,lol.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Play around with your bits of wood. Something will happen and you will come up with a bright idea.

      Delete

Comments will be published after my approval.