Friday 11 August 2023

Rural Life Museum

I went back to Normanby yesterday and made two videos. The first one is here, the second one I will post later. I took a load of photographs when I was there on Sunday, the museum ones I have put here along with the video. 
I am not a big fan of museums, but this one shows what rural life used to be like here in this corner of North Lincolnshire. The layout is well thought out, plenty to see in a well lit shed. You can read some of the information boards if you click on a picture and watch the slide show. Have a wander around and enjoy. 






















It very much reminds me of Beamish the open air museum near Durham, and the Black Country Museum at Dudley.  
Billy dog walk just done, and the Red Arrows have just gone over the village, on their way to Blackpool for their show tomorrow. If you want to know where they will be for the rest of the month here is the list.

August

  • 12-13 August – Blackpool Airshow display
  • 13 August – Whitby Regatta display
  • 16 August – Cromer Festival display
  • 17-20 August – Eastbourne International Airshow display
  • 20 August – Folkestone Air display
  • 24-25 August – Clacton Airshow display
  • 25 August – Sidmouth Airshow display
  • 26-27 August – Rhyl Airshow display
  • 31 August – Bournemouth Air Festival display
  • Have a good weekend everyone. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be published after my approval.