Thursday 31 August 2023

Town centre visit.

I went to town this afternoon, a few things I needed to buy. I have the one hour free parking on the street. That's long enough for what I want to do. I was also curious about what it is like in the town centre these days, because I hardly ever go. Annoyed that the bank is closed on a Thursday, I should have remembered that from the last time I went, which was several months ago. 
I had a look in WH Smith for a book I would like to read. Not there, didn't expect it to be. I had a quick look in a charity shop, but my heart wasn't in it. Soon came out, can't be bothered. I went into The Works looking for something I had seen on a blog. No, they don't have any. I spotted some large tubes of paint reduced from £3 to £2 so I bought a red and a yellow. These are to spruce up the summer house. 
I had a walk through the shopping precinct, it was very quiet. I usually chat to the nice young lady on The Sky stand, Chelsea I think she is called. She wasn't there, so I had a chat with Aimee who has recently started working there. We had a laugh. I caught sight of my reflection in a shop window and said what a mess I looked. I had my across body bag under my jacket, it made me look pregnant. We laughed some more. A group of young girls walked by wearing very short shorts. So short they were barely there. The cheeks of their arses were hanging out. They couldn't have been no more that 13 or 14. 
I gave up with the town, didn't want to be there, so I went to the Retail Park. Cat food bought from Home Bargains and The Range. Checked out a couple of charity shops, and bought a pair of sheer tights for £1, to make some more soft pots.
I met up with a friend the other day. She makes these bowl cosies. I said to her ages ago that I would like to buy one. I chose this one, but she wouldn't take payment for it. I said I will give the money to a good cause. 
Isn't it lovely. The other side is a patterned red fabric. The bowl fits in perfectly. You can actually put the bowl and the cosy in the microwave together. I haven't done that yet, but they are perfect to put the hot bowl into it to carry it to the table. Perfect for porridge or soup. 

It's starting to get dark earlier now. Must put the hedgehog food out before it gets dark. They come for it straight away. 

Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.