Hello. I've been working for most of the day framing the Octopuses Garden picture. I wanted to use drift wood, but had to figure out how to attach it to the picture as it isn't dead straight, and how to do the corners. I didn't want to saw the wood, but in the end it was the easiest option.
First I machine stitched a broad black band around the edges of the picture. I used heavy duty cotton so it can stand a bit of pulling and stretching. Then I cut a board slightly bigger than the picture as I wanted to screw the driftwood onto the borders.
Thanks everyone for updating your miles. You are all doing brilliantly well. If you haven't done so, you can go back to the post on the 1st of November at any time and add your progress.
Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon.