Tuesday 4 June 2019

A quick visit to Tintagel

You saw the movie, now here are the pictures. I have already posted a short video of Tintagel, I also took some photo's. It was a morning visit after leaving the Travelodge at Wadebridge after breakfast, on the last day of the holiday. After driving along some narrow roads to get there, I was pleased to find a large car park with lots of spaces. It wasn't yet the height of the holiday season so there were only a few people about. Shops were opening up and getting ready for the days trading. Pubs serving breakfast if you want one.

I asked someone where the best scenic viewing spots were, and was directed to this hotel, high up overlooking the rocky coastline. Isn't it magnificent.


The car was an advert for an art show inside.

It's ok to wander all over the grounds of the hotel, and this is the view it backs onto.

A beautiful sunny morning again, I have been lucky with the weather.

See the little bridge across the gorge at the bottom. It is usually open to pedestrians, but today it isn't because building works are going on. They have strung a wire across from one side to the other and have a pulley system for transporting the building materials across.



I walked back to the town and had a look around. Someone obviously love wildlife.

It's a pretty place to visit, and I have to say that everywhere I visited in Cornwall had hardly any litter. In fact I struggled to find any at all in some places. Obviously people take a pride in the surroundings where they live.

Fancy something mystical and magical, this is the place to be.

I left Tintagel at about 12.30pm, to continue my journey home. I had a long trek ahead of me. I had an idea of another place to visit on the way back up north, but wasn't sure if I would have time. It depended on the traffic, and how I was feeling halfway up the M5 motorway. I was in two minds, and didn't decide until the crucial moment when I reached junction 6. Should I get off and make the long detour, or carry on home. I'll let you know what happened in the next and last installment of my Cornwall holiday.  Toodle pip.  ilona


8 comments:

  1. How absolutely gorgeous. Haven't you been lucky with the weather?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very lucky. Only about one hour of light rain late in the day, on one day. It was sunny, dry, a bit breezy. Perfect.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos, Tintagel Tourist board (if there was one) would be very pleased. Adore that car, I'd love my car to be painted like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pictures that brought back memories of our visit to Tintagel - we LOVED it and we are umming and ahhing as to whether we could afford a couple of nights in that hotel for a special anniversary this year. So glad the weather was kind - it was the same when we were there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go on, spoil yourself.
      http://www.camelotcastle.com/

      Delete
  4. The castle...does anyone remember if it's the one that was used in a episode of Doc Martin? The one where they were looking for the baby and broke up the wedding? I liked Doc Martin a lot, but I lost interest when he and Louisa kept splitting up and getting back together. Nothing ever changed! I thought the best ending would have been Louisa taking a pregnancy test...and discovering it was positive. Oh, well, they didn't ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to watch Doc Martin only because the scenery was so beautiful in it!.I loved that bay and always wished that I could go there,xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this part of England. My son used to live there when he was in the RAF and so we visited quite a bit.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.