Sunday 9 June 2019

My Trucking Life. Part 9.

I thought it's about time I made another trucking video, or this saga is going to go on for ever. Not quite at the end yet, still a bit more to come. So, what did I do after I left Leicester Heavy Haulage? If you watch the video you will find out.



I had a penfriend in New Zealand, she was truck crazy and painted wonderful pictures of trucks. She has passed away now, but I have some truck photo's she sent me, they are from 1986 - 1988. Two of our lady truckers went over there for a holiday. If any truck enthusiast in New Zealand would like these photo's of older trucks, photo's taken in Aukland, let me know your postal address, in a comment or email, and I will send them to you.

I've finished bunching up the flowers, there are 18, and four smaller ones, and some napkin holders and corsages that Joyce made.


Back to the grindstone, ha ha. Sorting through stuff to sell on the cat rescue stand. Toodle pip.  ilona

4 comments:

  1. Your flowers are really very pretty and I am sure the chikdren well buy some I know I would and it's a good cause. I have been to some open gardens today and managed to get a few very cheap plants. A couple of gardens had some nice ideas.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this video and how you were a freelance trucker for 7 years; it makes sense that owner operators would need a holiday and you could fill in for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent Ilona, I always look forward to the next trucking video!
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gets more interesting with each new video. When we see trucks on the road we really don't have a clue as to the different vehicle types and different methods of transporting goods. We just take it for granted that products arrive where they are required almost miraculously. I had no idea that dry powder cement flowed around almost like a liquid.
    And hitchhiking seems to have ceased completely. As a teenager I hitchhiked as the only option to get around then later, as a driver, I often enjoyed the company of hitchhikers when on long journeys.
    Looking forward to the next episode.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.