Tuesday, 21 July 2026

Crowle Agricultural Show.

Good afternoon. 
It is Tuesday. Another day out on Sunday. I went to Crowle Agricultural Show. I was in two minds whether to go or not. Do I feel like it, do I want to, do I need to. I looked at last years blog post. Ah ha, I bought cheese from a stall there. I will go and buy some more cheese. Big disappointment, she wasn't there. 
Never mind, I'll take a few photo's. Not many, I have seen most of it before, and it's not a very big show. Have a scroll through these. 



Combines are busy in the fields just now. I am seeing lots of videos of them at work. Some great drone footage coming out. 


I watched a family excitedly looking at these pictures. A little girl was excited to see hers on the board. 
I felt sorry for the cows, being tethered like that. It was warm but there was a breeze going through the open sided tent. People kept reaching in to stroke them. The agricultural side of these shows puts me off going to any more. 


Two fluffy sheep. Looks like they had a wash and brush up before they came. 

Lots of rosettes to win if you present an animal in good condition. 

The bonus of this day out was that I met a smashing couple from Yorkshire. They were sat at a picnic bench and I asked if I could join them. Yes, of course. They very politely introduced themselves. Stacey and Robert. We got chatting, as you do. What a coincidence, we had so much in common it felt like we were old friends. These are my kind of people. When you know instantly that you are going to have a rapport with strangers, it's like instant connection. Events are all about meeting people. 
So I went home with a smile on my face, I had forgotten all about the cheese. 
Thanks for popping in. See ya later. Toodle pip.   ilona

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ilona,
    Just to let you know, how much we enjoyed meeting you, and it was an absolute pleasure chatting to you, at Crowle Show.
    We look forward to reading about your future "jolly days out"
    All the best, Robert and Stacey.

    ReplyDelete

I might publish your comment, or I might not.