Sunday 2 December 2018

Learning something new.

I've had a smashing day with the ladies of Jaylaurs Sewing Studio in Brigg. We made Christmas table centres. There was a choice of two designs, I chose the trees. Here we are having a break for lunch. 
 Six hours later and time to go home. Everyone pleased with what they have achieved.


Some of the ladies had time to turn under the hem and machine it down. The rest of us are going to finish them off at home. I shall hand stitch my hem tomorrow at Crafty Club, so there won't be any machine stitching on the front around the border.


The plan was to do some free motion stitching around the swirly bits, but as I need more practice at that I decided not to risk making a mess of it. I just machined the straight edges of the trees. Everything is stuck down anyway so It won't come adrift.

This is the leaflet I picked up at the shop a few weeks ago. I shall be looking out for some more workshops in 2019. It was good fun, the teacher was very clear with her instructions and everyone was friendly. I enjoyed it.


This is Jaylaurs Facebook page. 
ilona

13 comments:

  1. They’re so pretty. I admire such creative talent as this. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So please you had a lovely day just the sort of day I would enjoy. The trees are lovely and hope you finish it tomorrow.

    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the sort of day I would I would enjoy. What a bargain price too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful.
    I love the way you've allowed the Poinsettia to overlap the borders.
    Personally I think the trees are decorative enough without any more free stitching.
    I'll look forward to seeing what you do at the next class you pick.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue. I didn't do the poinsettia design, but yes, it is nice.

      Delete
    2. I must admit I thought you'd done well in 4 hours but......knowing how hard you work I didn’t question it!
      Sue

      Delete
  5. I love your trees, Ilona. I would have loved this day too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked your tree table centerpiece! Nice way to have some Christmas decor on your table. Enjoy finishing it. Hand stitching works well too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trish from Australia3 December 2018 at 05:46

    They are so lovely. You all look so relaxed and obviously enjoying each other’s company.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tree design and such a useful course with lunch too! Was it an early Christmas present to yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a fan of poinsettias - the tree design is lovely however.
    It will be nice if you do some freestyle over it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really really beautiful Ilona. Looks a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.