Sunday 5 July 2020

And another one.

Another bowl finished, using the rope I found at Orkney. I think I'm getting the gist of this now, I'm finishing off the loose ends a bit better. The rope is very stiff, hard to manipulate. A nice soft cotton rope would make the job easier. 
This one has a slightly bigger base than the previous pink one, and the sides are straight up rather than a gradual gentle curve. 
That's four made now, all experimental. I'm going to move on to something else now, don't want it to become a chore. I will make some more later on. 
This is my new wild flower meadow aka the front garden. I haven't mowed it for a few weeks and I am quite liking the natural look. I will leave it like this for a while until it becomes a complete mess, then tidy it up with a trim. Perhaps I will leave it longer between mowing in the future. I'm not a fan of immaculately tidy gardens. A little bit of shagginess is fine by me. 
Now I'm going to take Billy for a walk. It's blowing like crazy again today. I've been out on the back garden sanding the chair down, the noise of the wind in the trees is deafening. 
Crafty Club starts again tomorrow, so Monday mornings will see me back in the Village Hall with the ladies. Socially distanced of course. We are using the big room with everyone spaced out, and we have to take our own drinks because the kitchen is out of bounds. Those who want a hot drink will have to take a flask. I usually take juice anyway. It will be nice to get together again. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.  ilona

9 comments:

  1. Your bowls are great and I look forward to seeing what you do next. I love seeing the wild flowers display I have a little one in an old sink. I don't like the wind but it has been nice and sunny today. ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆHazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents have deliberately left an area of their lawn to grow wild...it's great for all the insects. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with you about the garden, i like to see them looking a bit wild, i don't like to see flowers growing in neat rows x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ilona. Your bowls are very professional looking now and lovely they are.
    Love your natural lawn....and I bet the bees love it too, which is great.
    I am lozzing on the sofa here alone and have just enjoyed going along with you on your Friday walk (Saturday post). It's 9pm and your walk made me feel very relaxed!! The walk itself wouldn't have suited me because a) too windy!! and b) too smelly next to that poo haha.But I certainly enjoyed your company as always, thanks!!
    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The white lines seem to move on the red bowl Op-Art! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A friend used to make bowls like these with braided wool strips, like a braided rug. I bought two for cat beds, and they are a big hit, especially in winter. They must be very warm and cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the best bowl yet for neatness, but I still love the little turquoise one with it's pink edging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are getting better. One of the ladies at Crafty Club showed an interest in making them. She couldn't understand how the coils were held together. I will take one partially made next week and show her.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.