Monday 12 December 2011

Tonight's gut busting meal :o)

You'll be getting sick of seeing my cooking, especially as I keep saying I DON'T DO RECIPE'S, ha ha. Well I don't, mine are concoctions and here's another. I said I would do something with chick peas, onions, and rice, here it is, or should I say here it was. All gone now and it was delicious.

Chop up three small onions and fry in olive oil in a pan. Add a handfull of sultanas, and a chopped up apple. Add half a tin of chickpeas 20p, a shake of garlic granules 50p a jar, a spoon of cheap powdered curry sauce mix, a shake of Mexican Taco Spice Mix, got loads of packets of this left over from the Enchelada kits. Splash in some fruit juice, whatever you have, cook on low heat till onions are soft. Serve with wholegrain rice. How much, oh I dunno, about 50p at a guess.

I can honestly say I much prefer this type of meal than a slap up nosh in a restaurant. If you ask for vegetarian when you are out, they never have anything imaginative on the menu, same old same old, and it costs almost as much as a meat meal. You really can't beat your own gut busting meals, at least I know what's in my cooking, even though it may be a made up recipe.

12 comments:

  1. That looks tastey. Do you use fresh fruit juice? I have never cooked with it like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a horrible feeling that you ate the lot and didn't save me any.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a pan of stew and I'm on day 2 :-D
    When husbands away I get to experiment and eat much more simply. My friend gave me some kale today, so I steamed tha and mixed it in with tonights portion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMMM that sounds fab .. I know what you mean about eating out as a vegetarian Ilona - DEATH BY CHEESE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! My sort of food, I am a concocter too. Tonight I had some LInda McCartney sausages, few leaves of cabbage, celery, red pepper, peas, onions, stir fried them and added an Aldi stir fry mix to make it go a little further, found a few noodles left over in the fridge and, Bob's your uncle and very delicious it was too. Husband like it (well he ate it) knows better than complain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks very tasty!

    We had something very similar, only I had a couple of Quorn fillets in mine, I found them lurking at the back of the freezer covered in ice, they warmed up nicely :-)

    My Lovely Hubby had 4 of our very own sausages (slightly over browned by me but (like Campfires' husband) he didn't complain) in his.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks very yummy, I'm going to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Onions are the key to this sort of food followed by the spices and luckily both keep for a really long time. Chick peas are loaded with good stuff including fiber. Nice and hot and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks very tasty, Ilona, and just what you need on a chilly, Winter's day too. The chickpeas are good too, plenty fibre in them to keep you going. I use them in a curry recipe I have instead of chicken, and it's a winner, the kids love it. All the best, Christy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like something I would make and my son would refer to as my "gypsy cooking" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks delicious, thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.