Wednesday 17 July 2013

It's a balancing act

It's not very often you see something do exactly what it says on the packet. There are many a false claim bandied about in the name of marketing and promotion. We read some fantastical statements and think, 'oh yeah, pull the other leg it's got bells on, as if I am soft enough to believe that', ha ha. Well I don't believe everything I read either, up until now. 
So these packets of balancing facial wipes, I don't believe for one minute that they can balance. They are flat and smooth, with four pointy corners, how on earth can they balance, they would fall off surely!  
I decided to give it a try, up for a challenge that's me. I wondered what I could get them to balance on, nothing too easy, like a brush or a cloth, no it had to be something quite narrow with rounded edges, let's make it difficult. I know, I'll try a small branch out of the garden.
So with steady hand, I carefully placed the packets along the wood, on their pointy ends. To lay them flat would be too simple. Blimey, you could knock me down with a feather, look at this, they are indeed balancing. Well I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. It's chuffin amazing, I must have some supernatural powers.
And in case you are doubting me, take a closer look. They are not supported in any way. They are not tied up with string or cotton, they are not hanging from something up above, they are balancing independantly all by themselves.
They do what they say on the packet.....balance.
Good eh! Think the sun is getting to me :o)

19 comments:

  1. Easyjet and Leicester Heavy Haulage do what they say on the tin its true but it says baked beans on the side of buses and they don't usually contain beans.
    Are you 'branching' out into magic balancing acts? I hope theres no double sided sticky tape involved, we don't get a view from the back.
    I reckon i'd have built a house of cards or maybe a treehouse would've been more appropriate.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant again :-) How do you do it ? ( I don't mean the balancing , I mean how do you come up with these ideas to make us smile?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But what is the advantage of that ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for giving me a chuckle today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic :-) That's made my day.

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  6. You gave me a good laugh! I thought you were going to tell me that these wipes really make your skin softer and balanced. Although I was disappointed you didn't find the Fountain of Youth, I wasn't really surprised. Those suckers are balanced!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree! Thank you for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never know what to expect next Ilona- keep up the good work!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So that's how they work! Duh I must have been doing it wrong! I was waiting for my skin to balance. No wonder it keeps sagging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are mad Ilona!!! We need people like you to keep us laughing like drains and not taking things too seriously. Thank you. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ilona, you should sent a photo to Elemis - l am sure that they too will be astounded by what their products can do ;)

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha...brilliant, although I think you have too much time on your hands, maybe it's time for a walk :-)

    You do come up with THE most amazing Blog posts, first prize for originality every time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're too funny sometimes! Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.