Friday 5 December 2014

Apologies to my stomach

Hello and welcome, come on in. I'm trying to tick off jobs on my 'to do', list and not making much progress. Some jobs have been completed but more have been added to the bottom. It's never ending. Getting ready for the Christmas Fair has been priority, but there is one job connected to that which hasn't got done. Our Craft and Chat banner has disappeared. It was last used in June, in the church. I wasn't there when the display was taken down. I've asked everyone if they know what has happened to it, no one does. We have one member who is on holiday, surely she hasn't got it in her house, has she. Too bad if she has, she's in Spain. I did wonder if someone had passed it on to me and I put it somewhere safe. I've searched the house from top to bottom and I can't find it. So I'm going to have to make a temporary one, some cut out letters from coloured card. I can do without that job tonight, still got to sew up two bags. 
These fabric bowls are done, I've made eight small ones and one large one. They will be for sale if anyone wants them. 

Digging up taters has been ticked off the list, they are all up now. The last few. Not very pretty, some knobbly ones, but they will scrub up well. The veg garden is now closed.

My lunch today was egg noodles and spring onions, (yellow stickers), with two scrambled eggs, very filling. Dinner tonight is a plate of steamed veg with grated cheese. It's sprouts all the way now, plus the bargain veg I still have in the fridge.

I have a confession to make. I bought a cake on a yellow sticker on Monday, it was a sponge cake with a cream filling and icing on the top. Half price at £1. I only buy treats when they are reduced, and as I hadn't had anything sweet for a while I thought I might indulge in a little lip smacking delishusness. The cake would have made four or six portions. I should have spread it over four days, but can I save cake, can I hell! I scoffed it in two days. My eyes were bigger than my belly, and boy did I suffer. Not just feeling sick, but feeling really ill. I had a headache and felt tired, and had to sit down. My body felt like sh1t. I ate some for breakfast, because it was there. Half an hour later I thought I had a rock in my stomach. I sent some porridge down to absorb all the crap. Sorry stomach, I appear to have abused you.

They say sugar is poison and I believe it. I took my eyes off the ball for a moment and suffered. I can see how easy it is to do that. Forgive me stomach, I'll try not to do that again.

Must go, the weekend is here, I hope it is a good one for you. Toodle pip

20 comments:

  1. You eat very healthily so you deserve a little treat now and then x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I`m a little piggy when it comes to home made bread. I often eat it straight after it has come out of the oven. Not a good idea as this also sits like a rock in your stomach. So, I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do deserve a treat Il.ona! However, I have cut sugar right back over the past 4 months and I feel so much better for it. Is till have an occasional treat, but it is small as I don't have the cravings. I love your blog and visit every day. I love to find out what is going on in your life as you and your life are very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at your post about the last time you had the banner. bet you said where it went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phyllis. The banner was last used in the church in June. I didn't dismantle the stall so I don't know where it went. I've just had a look at the picture of it to remind myself what it looks like. I'll have one last look before I go to bed.

      Delete
  5. The fact that you normally eat properly and are well, just shows the difference when you don't. I've been told to cut right down on sugar as my body doesn't absorb it very well. If I'd bought the cake that you had, I'd have scoffed it the same as you did. Been ill too. The trick is to buy 1 individual cake , then theres no more to be tempted with. Too much available at cheap prices and really its junk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caz. I normally buy a very small sweet treat, chocolate or cake. Don't know what came over me to buy a big one. Won't be doing that again, felt awful, lethargic and tired.

      Delete
  6. I give in to a sweets and carbs binge every couple of weeks and always suffer for it. Since losing so much weight and generally eating a healthy diet I find I can't tolerate too much cr*p food and wonder how I ever survived when it was a part of my everyday eating. The longing for it remains however, but at least I don't eat that way and poison myself all the time now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Helen. I am able to curb my cravings 99% of the time. Sometimes cakes say 'eat me', ha ha.

      Delete
  7. You could read up on how the human digestive system works. Eating more food will not "absorb" the food you have already eaten. All you're doing is making the digestive system work even harder to process even more food.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've learned not to eat ready made anything..it's not worth the result.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear of your tummy trouble and I hope tomorrow's better.Fennel, peppermint or chamomile tea soothe really well at such times,I find. Regards, Destemona

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry you had a bad experience with the cake, maybe something amiss with the bargain price? Hope all is well and the craft show goes well..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, the cake was fine, just me being a pig.

      Delete
  11. Working on trying to add a comment Iiona. Not sure how it happens as the ones I write never appear anywhere!!
    I will keep on trying....never give up. Cheers Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, you have done it. Welcome, keep commenting.

      Delete
  12. As we are vegan I never buy ready made cake. I am not surprised you felt ill though have you ever looked at all the CR*P in shop bought cakes! I am not very sweet toothed though I do a lot of charity baking and my OH loves cake (really loves it)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No good stuffing your engine with c...p! All those sprouts are a bit mind blowing too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I did! Thanks Iiona... love reading your blog and I mean LOVE reading your blog!
    I am in Australia...retired from teaching 5 and 6 year olds for 38 years . Love my garden, crafty stuff, hunting out bargains, our dog, my volunteer job, pottering around, you blog and being frugal!
    Do I just choose a profile (if so which one?)so that I do not have to be "Anonymous"... no big deal..just asking
    Cheers. Take care. Jo
    Thanks again you are an inspiration with. great sense of humour. Take care Jo .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sugar that's lethal but I still do it to myself. I'm thinking that processed flour doesn't do me any good at all either. Within twenty minutes of eating white bread I'm zonked out. x

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.