Tuesday 17 October 2017

Hooked on Scott

Hello. My head is full of arty stuff at the moment. How to make a frame for my picture has found me on yooootoooob looking at videos, and once I am on there I get sucked in. Always something new to learn.

A lot of presenters I don't warm to at all. They mumble, and don't speak clearly. Some of them try too hard to be perfect and polished. Some of them go through their routine on automatic pilot. I want to see a person with personality who shows a real passion for what they are doing.

I have discovered a great guy who is an artist, paints pictures, and makes wood frames and wall sculptures. I am hooked on Scott. He works mainly outside and has his cat for company, and he explains his thought processes as he is working on his art. I like that, knowing what is going on inside someone's head is just as important as admiring the finished article. He has mastered the art of editing his videos to perfection, unlike myself who doesn't edit my videos at all, ha ha.

This is a short video of 11 minutes, giving an overview of what he does. Some of the longer ones explain in detail the different stages of his work. Have a look at this one, and maybe go to his channel on yoootooob and find some more if you are interested.



Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up later.
Toodle pip

6 comments:

  1. Just watched it and found it interesting!.Love his ideas and Loved the ship!!.He was right,when he said that the ship distracts you from looking at the work above it...and it did...I saw the ship and thought,Thats Brilliant,I would love that!!.I just wish i had got tools like that...my tools consist of,a rusty saw,a screwdriver,3 pound shop paint brushes and 3 packs of sandpaper,lol.Its given me the kick up the bum though to get outside,while the suns shining and carry on with a stool i am going to upcycle.I found it on the side of the road a few months ago and its sat in the garage since then,lol.First though,ive got to return a book and do some shopping as the fridge is empty!Hope the suns shining for you all,Debi,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's great and I like his music too.I particularly love the ship wall hanging like Debi.It amazes me when wood is polished or stained that the beauty is revealed.Amongst my wood which is for burning on the fire,I sometimes find a piece I just can't burn and I save.I only use it as an ornament though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flis,Yes,I loved his music too!,I forgot to mention it when i last sent a comment!..And i love the knots in wood...,Me and my Grandaughter sanded down an old desk,that had been put out on the street....and loads of knots came up on it.She,like me,didnt want to paint on it...so we just painted the top...and cut out hands and a wasp,from old mags,and glued them on n varnished them.It looks brilliant now!!,Debi,xx

      Delete
  3. Wow! Love his work - so detailed. My younger brother makes picture frames and blanket boxes from weathered barn boards with lovely fragrant cedar linings. Recycle, reuse, right? I think power tools may have just made it onto my Christmas wish list. Stay inspired! Hugs from Barbara (Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading and learning from your wonderful blog for years, but today, as well as watching the above video, I have also discovered your amazing youtube channel. It is brilliant! I especially like today's video about planning a life. There is a LOT of food for thought there Ilona. I am not very good at thinking about my own needs, too much of a people-pleaser I think. So this video is making me think about what is important to me, and what I need to do about it. I mainly need to eat better, exercise, and look after my body. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing Scott's channel via his overview video. I really enjoyed his video and will definitely be watching his more detailed videos.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.