Wednesday 8 April 2020

Breakfast with Jonathan.

Anyone remember Jonathan and Charlotte on Britain's Got Talent, they were one of the best auditions I have ever seen, along with Susan Boyle. I love it when people get up on that stage and give a belting performance despite shaking with nerves. I never watch the whole programme but cherry pick the bits I want to watch on yooootoooob.



Seventeen years old when he was first discovered, look at him now.



What a change from the frightened young man who was only there because his friend Charlotte was by his side. So full of confidence.

The words of the song are so poignant right now.
There's a grief that can't be spoken
There's a pain goes on and on
Empty chairs at empty tables
Now my friends are dead and gone
Here they talked of revolution
Here it was they lit the flame
Here they sang about tomorrow
And tomorrow never came.
From the table in the corner
They could see a world reborn
And they rose with voices ringing
And I can hear them now!
The very words that they had sung
Became their last communion
On the lowly barricade..
At dawn.
Oh my friends, my friends forgive me.
That I live and you are gone
There's a grief that can't be spoken
There's a pain goes on and on
Phantom faces at the window
Phantom shadows on the floor
Empty chairs at empty tables
Where my friends will meet no more.
Oh my friends, my friends, don't ask me
What your sacrifice was for
Empty chairs at empty tables
Where my friends will sing no more
Remembering those workers who have died through helping others.
Look after yourselves.  ilona xxx

14 comments:

  1. I too cherry pick the ones on youtube because Im not that interested in watching all of it in one go.I love his confidence that he has now...Although I have watched some of the worst auditions.Those that think they are brilliant and dont like being told that they aint,lol.I think some of these do it for their 5 mins of fame!!.Have you ever watched...Get out My Ear..on you tube?,Its by Ant n Dec and thats quite funny!...Well another lovely day here in Leicester.I will spend a couple of hours with my Mam today...her sitting one end of her garden and me the other end.I will take my own flask of coffee and go down the entry so I havent got to go anywhere in her house.I worry about her so much,so I am taking some food down that I have prepared with plastic gloves on and leave it in the porch so she has got something for her tea.We sit with our home made face mask and gloves about 25 yards apart..at least it takes the loneliness away for a few hours.Your frames look like they are coming on well so I have something to look forward to when we see the end result!I am hoping to finish off painting my wicker chair,so that I can make the bottom half of my living room like a garden room,with white wicker and plants,looking out the patio doors into the garden.its amazing what you can do just by changing around what you already have.Once again,Stay safe every one and dont forget to ask for help when you need it,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely young man - and how lovely that he stuck with his friend in the audition! Simon was right (in my opinion), she wasn't as good as him, BUT he stuck with her first and foremost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jonathan was wonderful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was wonderful? He is not dead. He is wonderful.

      Delete
  4. So heartbreaking, am in floods of tears. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A beautiful song with such emotion. Nearly one thousand dead today, a thousand empty chairs.

      Delete
    2. And many thousand tears from their close ones.My heart goes out to them,xx.And we still have people who live near me,who have drinking parties on the front every day with people who live in the street joining them.The police have spoken to them twice...and they are still doing it!!!.It seems to the police around here that if you live in the same street,its ok!...I have spoken to the home owner twice and they still carry on.People like this make me so angry....But again,to all you good people on here,stay safe and hope and pray that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel soon.Best Wishes Ilona and thank you for giving us all a piece of your life each day,xx

      Delete
  5. Allison in Victoria8 April 2020 at 15:40

    You are so right Ilona. A song for these times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I daren't listen to it Ilona at the moment,it way start me off crying.I just cannot comprehend how one day things seemed relatively normal-then there were concerns-then suddenly this x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a new performer to me, thank you very much for the post! Lovely to see how he has prospered.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that made me cry ( in a good way!) wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a day or so late with this, but greatly enjoyed this man & his wonderful voice. What appropriate music for these times we are in. This brought tears, but also joy just in his voice. Thanks for sharing. Mary Ann (USA)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jonathon's first performance with Charlotte brought tears to my eyes, what a fabulous voice. I'm glad to see he has done well, I listened to the second one too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Iona, must confess I don’t watch talent shows as I don’t like it when the judges are unkind so I wasn’t aware of this young chap. Just watched the Britain’s Got Talent clip of Jonathan and Charlotte (Simon Cowells comment as they came on confirming why I don’t watch) and I was amazed at the talent in the young pair. The Le Mis song made me cry, thank you for sharing it with us. Babioli x

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.