Tuesday 14 April 2020

The Keyboard Wizzard.

Breakfast with Terry, this morning. He does a live stream on yooootoooob every day at 5pm, which doesn't work very well for me, probably due to a poor broadband signal. So I watch it several hours after, at my convenience.

Terry has an Analogue Corner feature, where he plays five keyboards at the same time. He produces some amazing sounds. If a singer needs a backing group, Terry can do the whole lot by himself. He really should be in a recording studio backing some of the top vocalists in the world. Or else, he should be on the X Factor or Britain's Got Talent. He surely would get the audience to their feet, clapping and dancing along to his playing.

If you don't watch the whole video, I recommend that you scroll along the slide bar at the bottom to 15.30 minutes, to catch Fanfare to the Common Man. It is pure genius. What a talent.



Looking like the weather has picked up again, sunny this morning. I didn't do my exercise walk yesterday, too cold, and was busy indoors. It looks like a five miler might be on the cards for today. Going to delay the town visit till tomorrow. The day after a bank holiday might mean more people about, maybe quieter tomorrow. I really want to keep my distance from everyone.

I'll leave it with you, be grateful that we have another day to fill. Toodle pip.  ilona

9 comments:

  1. Love fanfare to the common man. Great thinking about the shops being busy. I wonder if this will make people think about shopping less in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, but I doubt it. Some people will be forced to spend less because they don't have a regular income. Those that have money will go back to spending it in the same way as they always have done. We need both really because the spenders will patch up the shrinking economy.

      Delete
  2. Wow he is a gifted Pianist I will have to watch some more of him.Love to see it when musicians are really enjoying the music. Keith Emerson would have been proud of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The look on Terry's face says it all. He enjoys every minute of his piano bashing.

      Delete
  3. Love Fanfare for the Common Man! But, then, I've always loved Copland. Even when it wasn't cool! Rock was king when I was growing up--interest in anything else eliminated one from the Kool Kids Klub immediately. ;-)

    This arrangement sounds like Copland with a touch of Mannheim Steamroller and a lot of Terry Miles! That's a good thing; he is very talented. :-)

    Will try to view the entire video this weekend. It's amazing how little free time I've had for the past three weeks, even though most of my contract work has evaporated. I'm so far behind on personal stuff that I've been deep cleaning and reorganizing. Kitchen, dining and bath/dressing rooms are looking good. Living room is a work in process. Parting with books is like parting with old friends. Very difficult! Bedroom is last, with logistical planning to move furniture to better suit my current needs. Maneuvering a triple dresser in and out of a short, narrow hallway is going to be challenging. Then I can focus on designing/sewing, art and music projects!

    ...Taja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry is brilliant! Stay strong, safe and well Ilona, I love your blog. This horrid situation won't last forever xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Listening to music is uplifting in difficult times. I have been watching and listening to Neil Sedakas recent videos on YouTube, his singing is just as beautiful as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have been listening to Terry’s brilliant piano playing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've earlier today heard a request on the radio for "Fanfare for the Common Man" and I prefer the upbeat Terry's version x

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.