Thursday 16 May 2024

Belton House and gardens

I found a parking spot in Belton village. It was early, so I went a walkabout to explore the area. The houses remind me of The Cotswolds. 

Cars were pulling into the Belton Woods Hotel and Golf Course, so I walked up the driveway to the hotel to have a nosey. There was a man standing under a gazebo. I got chatting to him. He has a machine that cleans golf clubs. This is his Sunday job. He has a van and is a courier during the week. There must have been more than 50 golf buggy's lined up waiting for someone to jump in and go off for a round of golf. It's a big hotel and the place was buzzing with all men I might add, no ladies, getting ready for a day on the greens. 
I took this photo just after they had all gone off in their buggy's. 

The hotel is very big, and posh. I have just priced up a room for me for one night. £250, erm, nope. Here is their web site if you wish to stay. 
As I was leaving I came across a rather fit and handsome man doing press ups on the grass. I had to say something. Cheeky me said I thought he looked pretty fit so the press ups were working. A bit of chatter followed and I said I keep fit by walking. He said that's a good way to keep fit, but I should try press ups. I asked how old he was, 38 was the reply. He could easily pass for mid twenties. I asked him what he did for a living, thinking he might have a manual job. His reply, I am a doctor. Maybe I will give press ups a try. 
Across the road is Belton House, a National Trust property. Let's take a look at that. Neat and tidy gardens. There is a church within the grounds as well.


The front of the house. 
Let's have a look at the church. 
I have more photo#s of Belton House so I'll post them tomorrow. 

Thank you for your birthday wishes. I did a talk for a Women's Institute group this afternoon. It was a small group and the talk was very well received. I took some of my large pictures and explained how I made them, the materials I used, and how the ideas come into my head. I talked about thinking outside the box, and if you have a creative mind you can create anything if you are determined enough. I told them about how I had created my life, in a similar way to how I create a picture. If you allow things to happen to you and don't explore other directions you could get left behind. Being pro active before the event is better than being re active after the event. When you can see trouble ahead you have a window of opportunity to turn things around. My subject matter is not all serious though, we had plenty of laughs. 

Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.  ilona   

2 comments:

Comments will be published after my approval.