Thursday 10 October 2024

Birds and rain.

A neighbour came round today and gave me a bag of apples. They always have an abundant crop on their tree. I shall cook them and freeze them in portions to add to my porridge. Or add some frozen berries and eat them with yogurt or cream. I don't make pies or crumbles, makes too much mess in the kitchen, and I don't like washing up. 
She showed me a picture she had painted, of a Highland cow. It looked really good. We then talked about arts and crafts and she was interested in seeing some of my work. Half an hour later I was able to get away. I decided to do some litter picking on my way to the park. By the time I got there I had filled two plastic shopping bags. I dumped the rubbish in the skip behind the cafe. 
There are peacocks in the park and I saw this one sitting on a high wall in the village. They sometimes wander around, and have been known to get run over. Isn't it pretty. 
I took a big bag of wild bird food with me. I buy it from Home Bargains, and throw it out on my back garden. I walked over to the pond, which now has water in it, after a recent dry spell. The ducks abandoned the pond with no water and went elsewhere. Now they are back, and had a good scoff as I scattered the food around. 

I wanted to have a walk around the park and get some photos of the Autumn colours. Alas a black cloud came over and dumped a lot of rain. I took shelter in the front doorway of the hall. Juggling with my brolly and the litter picking stick I managed to get a photo of the heavy shower. 
It eased off and I began to feel cold. Best thing to do is go home, I thought. Ten minutes into the walk and the rain came again. Nowhere to shelter so I carried on, and got wet. 
I was thinking about the meal I was going to make for dinner. A stir fry, yummy. 
Tonight I did a Billy walk. I now have to take a torch with me so I can see where his poo lands to pick it up. Dog walking in the dark is not much fun. 
That's all for now. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be published after my approval.