Wednesday 16 October 2024

Scam alert?

 Is this a scam. A car park payment machine has a fake QR code sticker placed over the original one on the sign. Is this a scam? What will happen if you scan it with your mobile phone? Will money go missing from your bank account? 

Quote. Be careful scanning ANYTHING and putting in your card details. People are getting scammed out of thousands by fake QR codes.

- - - - - - - - - -

My response. Question everything. Has this video been set up to scare people, or is it a genuine cover up by the parking company to update their computer records?

Quote. Have you checked that's actually a scam, or have the council just updated the URL of their payment app and used a sticker instead of replacing all the signs?

Quote. Just checked, and it is a scam. The fake URL now doesn't work.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

My response. This comment is concerning. Proof of how people are so vulnerable and can easily be sucked in.

Quote. This is a real concern. The council car parks in my area have these machines. Some of the machines don’t take cash. We are being forced into having smartphones.

My response. This is what they want you to think. You do have a choice. It may appear that this is the way to go, everything must be computerised, everything will be digital. But we still have a choice. It's up to you whether you hand over your life to those that wish to own you. 

Everyone should be doing their own risk assessment. Fakery is everywhere, and the laziest sloppiest way to deal with changes is to question nothing and go along with everything that is presented to you. If the wrong decision is made and things go pear shaped, you obviously didn't think it through enough. 

I know that I will miss out on some things because I still use cash. I take that responsibility. That suits me fine because it gives me peace of mind. 

Now it's time for breakfast. Then coffee morning. Have a good day. Toodle pip.   ilona

I will tidy this up later. Got to go now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be published after my approval.