Wednesday 16 October 2024

Bus out, walk back.

I had an urge to walk today. It's been dull and overcast and strangely mild. I thought it might rain but it didn't. I checked the bus time table and caught the 3.30pm to town. Only me and one other person on it. What a bumpy ride that was. The bus was rattling and banging, sounded like it was ready for the knackers yard. They don't make them like they used to. I don't remember the old buses like this. The windows were filthy, so I couldn't watch the world go by. Nothing to see here.  
The driver changed his destination board to Not in Service, as we pulled into the bus station. There he goes. Probably finishing his shift. No wonder he was driving fast over the potholes. 

It was 4pm when I set off walking back. Once clear of the town and the Industrial Estate I was out in the countryside. Past the Blue Lagoon. Not sure why they call it that because it isn't blue. There used to be a steel works here years ago. It closed and they dug it all out and made a pond. 

Past the fishing pond. 

The footpath goes around the turf fields. 

The playing fields were very busy, several groups of school kids of different ages playing football. The fish and chip van on the car park was doing a good trade. 

And home for 6pm. Five miles to add to my total. 

Tonight two hedgehogs are munching away on the food just outside the back door. 

It's still warm so no heating needed. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be published after my approval.