Tuesday 23 February 2021

A good scoff

You can't beat a belly busting breakfast, it sets you up for the day. Mushrooms, chopped leeks and cucumber, a spoonful of the green pea salad, and chuck in an egg. Served on a slice of wholegrain toast spread with houmous. Marvellous. 
I picked up the little lamp that I have on my mantlepiece last night and shone it on the picture like a spotlight. I think that makes it a bit more mysterious. Like gazing out of the window into a black sky. 
I've just rung my friend to ask how the footpath is along the hills, her husband walks it often. I avoid it in the winter because it's so muddy. The reply was it isn't too bad, only muddy in patches. I will give that a try today. Best get wrapped up though, although the sun is shining, the wind is howling.  
Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.  ilona

3 comments:

  1. Dear Ilona,

    Thank you for this breakfast tip. We are keen on breakfast as a starting point for the day, but this certainly looks more interesting than porridge. We shall give it a try.

    Lighting makes a big difference with artworks and can spoil or enhance a work at the flick of a switch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art looks great with that light.Its amazing how warm and cozy a well placed standard lamp can make a room look.It stared off a lovely day here yesterday as well,which was great as I was looking after my daughters 2 Labs.She had got workmen coming to her house for a couple of hours,so it was easier with the dogs out of the way.I took them to my Mams garden though because my 5 cats would not have been happy if I had brought them here!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I shall stick to porridge for breakfast....less cooking to do!

    Hope you enjoyed your walk..... I hope to join a Walking for Life group after I have had my operation. I would walk with my husband but he walks too fast, and this group just do leisurely strolls!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.