Wednesday 24 February 2021

Too many layers

Good morning. What a job I've had with these photo's. I attempted to post this last night but they got lost on the computer. I really must have a clear out. I did another variation of a local walk yesterday, to take in a path I normally avoid during the wet winter months. It hasn't rained for a few days so I thought the mud might have dried out a bit. It was a good decision. The ground was quite solid to walk on, but the wind was still there, so it was another wrap up day, or so I thought. I had to stop and take a layer off because I was too warm. 
Soon after I started out I came across two people who I used to work with on the last job I had, at B & Q. A husband and wife team, both drivers. I haven't seen them for a few years, so that was a nice surprise. I like coincidences like that. 
Looking over the River Trent. Boy was it windy. 
Superb views. This is a popular walk at the weekends, so it's best to go on a weekday. 

Nice to see the spring flowers coming. 

There is a good view across to Yorkshire. Drax Power Station can be seen from this point. 
I knocked on a friends door in the next village. It was nice enough to sit outside and have a natter, but sadly she was not at home. She was maybe at her daughters. I put a note through her door. 
I then had a choice, do I backtrack and go back the same way, I decided to carry on and  do a circular walk. There was time enough to do it. I walked down a road and had a chat with a man walking his black labrador. 
I turned off to the right on long and exposed track. My goodness the wind really whipped across there. It was a case of hood up, and push forward hoping not to get blown over. 

I walked through a farmyard and turned right onto a road into another village. This is where I picked up part of another regular walk I do. You will recognise these trees. 
It was gone 6pm when I landed back home. Another three hours outdoors, this time seven and a half miles covered. I was glad to have a portion of stew to heat up so I didn't have to cook. 

It's looking good for today, outdoors again after lunch I think. Maybe I ought to do some work in the garden rather than galivanting off again. I'm going to be a bit short on my miles this month, but not to worry, another ten months left to catch up. 

Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. That walk certainly blew the cobwebs away. Windier than I thought here in the Cotswolds too. It blasts across the empty fields. Lovely to see signs of Spring popping up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely seeing the spring flowers coming through.There are lots of random snowdrops growing in the cemetery,well away from the graves so I suppose seeds must have been blown there.It looks a nice area where you have walked,although I must admit I have not gone out today.I have had a really emotional day...not for any reason...just felt really down and ended up sleeping most of the afternoon.So tomorrow is a new day and I am going to make sure I get my backside in gear! I know that you have put a video above but I am saving that so that I can have a coffee with you tomorrow morning!xx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.