Saturday 6 February 2021

Something to do on a rainy day.

Aye up, what ya doin? It's raining here, chuffin miserable outside. But hey ho, I am snug and I am going to get on with this artyfarty piece. The colours are a lot more vibrant than this picture shows. It's a simple back stitch, easy to do. I am thinking it is like a map with contour lines. I've just thought of a title. Won't reveal it just yet as I might change my mind, and come up with a better one. 

I've got a few pics of recent meals. Four vegetables to make a stew. Add herbs and spices of your choice, I added a packet of cheese sauce mix.  
From fridge to plate, no cooking. 

Something on toast. Chick peas are very versatile, add them to anything. Always good to have a tin in the cupboard. Mushrooms, spinach, and an egg. 

Pasta in stew, and anything else I might have languishing in the fridge. 
Something else on toast. Egg noodles and mushrooms. 
Microwaved jacket potato with grated cheese plus salad. Easy peasy. 
A few examples of what I normally eat, from my own kitchen. This is why I don't eat out. We have a fish and chip van, and a pizza van which come to the village. They seem very popular, always have a queue.  
I will do a village walk later if it stops raining, but otherwise I will be stitching. Enjoy your weekend. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

9 comments:

  1. My type of food. Delicious. And fuss free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely meals. Enjoy your day. It was 50 degrees yesterday and will be today, felt so nice. But Sunday we get more snow maybe 5 inches. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brussel sprouts and pasta, and noodles on toast are new ones to me.

    However they are balanced meals in terms of nutrition. You do really well as I'm sure I read you dont like cooking or using your oven.

    I quite like cooking. A quick vege meal I do that you may like is a bean chilli.
    I just use a big pan and fry up some chopped onion, pepper, mushrooms and other veg. Use a chilli packet mix 29p from aldi, add that, then two drained tins of beans (aldi again) use chick peas,black beans, mixed beans, or kidney beans, a can of chopped of tomatoes and a half can of water. Simmer and eat. With rice or mixed with pasta or on a jacket potato. Even better with some grated cheese.
    It isnt too spicy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always good to see your food Ilona.
    Margaret x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that arty piece, so colourful. Your meals look a lot more interesting than mine, lately I just can't be bothered with prep, or even just throwing things together and usually end up with a sandwich. It will pass and I will cook again eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deelicious! Your meals always look so tasty and colourful Ilona, a good idea especially at this time of the year x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your meals look delicious Ilona. I always love to just mix things together and see how they turn out. Nearly always well. You have given me new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm getting hungry looking at your photos! I like to add pasta and chick peas to bulk things up. I do look forward to a nice meal. :)

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.