Friday 5 February 2021

Walking and talking

 Hello. It's been a normal sort of day. Computer and sewing in the morning, walk in the afternoon. We've had sun today, but by the time I stepped out of the door at 2.30pm, it had gone and clouds arrived. Not to worry, it was dry and warm. I set off up the road to get on the track to walk around the fields. From another direction a walker came towards me so I wondered if he was going the same way as me. He was. 

We got chatting as we plodded through the mud. It turned out that we had a lot to chat about. Our conversations covered trekking, camping, photography, videos, and our favourite places for holidays. When we reached the road he went one way and I went the other. I really enjoyed talking to someone new, it made a pleasant change. 

I had forgot all about taking photo's, not that it mattered, there was nothing unusual or different to focus on anyway. The sun had come out and as I came back into the village it was going down. 

That's it, gone now. 
I made a pan of stew when I got back. It was so deeeeelishus I had seconds. A bottle of Chardonnay has been opened. Now I'm going to watch some videos. It's the weekend. Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon.   Toodle pip.   ilona

6 comments:

  1. Wishing you a great weekend.im so pleased to hear you had a chat with someone new.i love to chat to strangers as everyone's life is so different .it makes a real change to interact with someone outside of your circle.enjoy the wine I think a glass of wine now and then does you goodx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to chat with someone new isn't it.. Chardonnay eh? I'm dead classy... It's marmite on toast and two tins of Strongbow fruit cider for me tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love to chat especially has I am new to the village, I was in my home for 55 years and had a good circle of friends sadly lots have now moved on or have died, I chat to anyone and my village is friendly. My neighbor is friendly but I like to keep myself to myself but will chat.
    It look a nice day again we had some rain yesterday.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is nice to be able to have a chat.Something that we just took for granted many months ago!.I love how its getting lighter in the evenings now.I dont have to rush back from a walk now because I dont feel safe walking in the dark.Well our tipple tonight will be our usual Guinness with cheese on toast at the end of the night.Hubby will put the 60s music on and we will have a dance...we really know how to live it up here,lol.Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a good walk and talk with someone new and interesting. We've had some sun during the day. Some days barely any at all. We had chicken Alfredo pizza for lunch we ordered via phone from Papa Murphy's. Drove home and baked it in oven after church today. I drank Tetly English breakfast tea with pizza. Its been years since I've drank champagne. Have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.