Thursday 23 March 2023

Where did I go today?

 It's almost time for bed. I'll put a few pics out tonight and the rest tomorrow. Lots of lovely black and white buildings. 

It was market day.

There was a lovely indoor market. 

And a big car park but I didn't use it. I parked free in the street next to the Cemetery. 
There were a row of trees that looked like they had been butchered.  
There was a lovely church. 

And I went a walk along a canal. 
Some clues for you to solve. Where was I?  Catch ya tomorrow. Toodle pip.   ilona

6 comments:

  1. Looks charming. I've no idea where it is. I love open air markets like that. That church window is spectacular. H x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The open air market was busy, despite the cold wind and rain. I felt sorry for the stall holders trying to keep their stock dry and hold onto it so it wouldn't blow away.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Almost right. It does look a lot like Chester, but this place is in Derbyshire.

      Delete
  3. Sorry, I'm a day or two late, just catching up. At least those butchered trees will have a chance to grow again, unlike those on the news in Portsmouth, I think. We cut a rowan tree back in our garden and were told it would never come back, but it did! Lovely photos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope those trees will start to sprout new growth, they look pretty awful at the moment. I saw a news article the other day that a council had cut a lot of trees down recently in the middle of the night. They said it was because they want to build a new road.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.