Wednesday 13 March 2019

A super bargain offer.

I've just posted this on a forum, so to save time and effort of writing a blog post today, I will copy and paste it here.

I have in my possession a 'No Licence Needed confirmation', from TV Licensing.co.uk. They thank me for telling them that I don't need a TV licence, and this claim will last until February 2021. They very kindly tell me that I won't receive any more letters from them until just before this expires. 


I am able to offer a copy of this letter with your own details, name, address, superimposed at the top of the letter, and on the certificate at the bottom. You can then present your own confirmation to the TV licensing people when they come knocking at your door. Show them this exemption and they will go away. 


As this service will incur great expense to me, scanning, copy and pasting, printing and photocopying, I must ask for recompense. However, I have a 'mates rates' exclusively for my reader friends on the blog. Please dispatch to me at your earliest convenience in a plain brown envelope, the sum of £75, sorry cash only, used notes, with your details to be entered onto the confirmation. Hurry in case your current TV licence is about to expire, and I will endeavour to send your confirmation back by return post.  


I think you will agree that this offer is much more preferable to the current system of robbing you of £150 for a TV licence. Don't delay, do it today.

ilona

17 comments:

  1. Lol!,You could earn a few bob there Ilona!!..Strangely,my Hubby doesnt moan about paying this.Maybe,because he goes out very little,due to illness,his waking hours are spent in front of the television!.We have 3 TVs in the house,so I think he thinks we get our moneys worth out of it!.If I was here,just on my own I wouldnt bother,but with Grandkids staying here we do get plenty of use out of it.My self...well I would rather sit here on my laptop!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an offer! And how kind of you to think of your followers. Sadly, I will have to turn this down and gamble my £75 instead...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is paying 150 pounds for a tv licence classed as robbing? They provide a service, you decide if you wan't to pay for it. You wouldn't expect to be able to enjoy a loaf of bread without paying for it? And you wouldn't expect to be able to waltz into the cinema for free, so why is this optional fee robbing to you? I often agree with some of your sentiments ilona, but sometimes you are very strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am very strange. I am unique, I am odd, I am an eccentric old biddy, there is no one else like me, and this is a joke post. xxx

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your kind offer, I regret I shall be unable to take it up as I quite like my TV and after paying for my licence I will spend any spare money on chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, that is so tempting, trouble is I have spent all my cash on yarn. At least I will be too busy to miss the telly.
    There are those who might just want to take you up on the offer. I look forward to seeing all the luxuries you treat yourself to. (walks off chuckling)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfull , it's good to see someone has a sense of humour.
    I love it. I have the same view of the dreaded box as you.
    Plain Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. You get great tv for a tiny price! I wouldn't complain about that fee!!! I love BBC shows!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sigh. I enjoyed this greatly ;). Then I sighed when you had to mention it was a joke post.

    In the US, tv is free if you buy an antennae, we get about 90 channels here in Arizona, but 2/3 are in Spanish. But the 30 we get in English work for us. However, 90% ( my estimate I don’t know the real number) pay for cable tv and all the extra channels and movies. Crazy. Average cable bill runs $80-100. So I like free :). More and more folks are cutting the cable in the US, moving over to seeing things for free on the internet. For the £150, do you also have advertising to watch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too funny, Ilona! Hilogene Oltman, I am in the Pacific Northwest USA and have a very basic antenna. I'd appreciate knowing what brand/type you have. Thanks, Shirley

      Delete
  9. We are in the US and cut our satellite cord finally and if we see something we want to watch use a free service like Youtube, our antennae, or occasionally pay a small one month fee and binge watch only for that month. Saving a huge amount of money. Ana USA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here in New Zealand we haven't had TV licences for yonks.But then we don't have any commercial free television either ........

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grin - Well at least you are not a Nigerian prince offering me millions for use of my bank account to launder money for them. But I will have to pass on your offer as I'm in the USA and I don't even own a TV.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sad to say but I will not take you up on your generous offer as I live in the USA. You are too funny! I pay very little for TV, cut the cable years ago, and get lots of great shows from UK with BritBox and Acorn TV, for very little money.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you actually posted this on a forum or are you a liar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walter, ha ha, that's a new one. Yes, it is a post I wrote for a forum, and as I said, it saved me time writing something else here. Not giving you a link to prove it, try a plagiarism checker and that might find it for you. I am not a liar.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.