Thursday 24 October 2019

Bottoms up

Oh heck, I'm down to my last pack of toilet rolls, must be careful with them, not to use too much. You know me and my mantra, two for a pee, three for a poo. When these are gone I will have to buy some more. 
I haven't bought any toilet rolls from a shop in years, always got them from a Cash and Carry in bulk. There are branches of JTF in Lincoln, Sheffield, and Leeds, I used to call in when passing.

Reading back through my blog, the numbers have fluctuated over the years, depending whether I have added to the stash or run them down a bit. In 2009 I had 144, in 2011 it was 240, in 2012 was 154, and down to 76 in 2018. It has been very nice not to have to lug them home with my regular shopping, much easier to sling a big pack of 40 in the car. I might have to check the prices at my local Cash and Carry to see if they will do a deal for a bulk purchase.

Much sewing going on here, made more lanterns, now making shopping bags.
Toodle pip.  ilona

7 comments:

  1. Don't want to cause panic buying but there's going to be a shortage when we leave the EU apparently .Should be ok for years then lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting to see what the alternative is to toilet roll !

      Delete
    2. Washing with a wet cloth or sponge is the alternative.

      Delete
    3. Funny that because I'm in Norfolk and the same rumour about toilet paper is doing the rounds here. What a load of hogwash...we've had shortages before, what is the matter with people if it is true...then adapt.

      Delete
  2. There a shop not far from me where they sell these big packs but for some reason they dont work out cheap for my family.They seem to go through them really fast,maybe because they are only 2 ply.The big 24,3 ply pack from Aldi is what I always get because they seem to last a long time.I think they are £5.79,Have you seem the ones called Dont Give a Crap,lol.For a single one it is a £1.Granted,no plastic around it,just a bright coloured paper wrapper..but far too expensive!I see that you are still working hard sewing things for your cat stall..it will look wonderful!,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cheapest I buy loo roll is 3 packs of 18 for £12.

    ReplyDelete
  4. boy... your toilet paper must be much better than mine!!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.