Tuesday 8 October 2019

Stop work to go to the park.

Today I fancied making bunting. I have some strips of green and red fabric which I got from the Scrapstore. The flags are 3 inches by 2.5 inches, so quite small. Need to sew them onto tape. 
This fabric was the last piece from the hem of a dress I got from a Charity Shop. All the rest has been used up on various projects.

It has been mostly sunny with a few black clouds passing over, but luckily no rain. I changed my library books this afternoon, the van comes between 1pm and 3pm, then Stan goes to the school.

I went a walk to the park. I was a bit late getting there, should have gone earlier really. The Park Ranger was about to close the gates to the car park. I asked him how long I had got before he closed the little side gate. He said he had some emails to attend to, and he would be locking it in half an hour. Only time for a short walk and take a few photo's.

Some lovely Autumn colours.








So that's the day gone. I'll carry on with the bunting tomorrow. 
Toodle pip.  ilona


8 comments:

  1. Lovely park. Could do with that all nice and level for my chariot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be lovely bunting when you've finished it Ilona -it can be quite expensive to buy though.You are lucky to live near such a beautiful park.I have been noticing the different toadstools and mushrooms recently too.Yesterday and today I I've seen 2 fairy rings in different fields.I'm sure some are edible ones but won't risk it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a walk in the park, we have some lovely ones here in Cheltenham.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Autumn scenes there Ilona.I love a walk in the park this time of year.Strange, but I have got fungi and toadstools growing in my garden this year.Ive lived here nearly 42 years and its never happened before.My Mam has also got small mushroom type things growing on her lawn.Shes been there 14 years and thats never happened before.I wonder what causes this to happen all of a sudden?.The buntings look lovely and dare I say the red and green ones have got a bit of a Christmas theme going on there..a little santa on each flag maybe,...see,you are getting into the Christmas spirit already,lol.Im off to get some more conkers today,cause Ive discovered that the washing machine liquid I made also cleans my kitchen floor!Have a lovely day,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bunting is nice. A lovely Autumn park I love the red leaves on the little houses would made a lovely picture.
    It's Knit and Natter this morning and I hope to finish with my blanket, it's a large one made with lots of squares from ones and ends of wool.
    Hazel c uk
    It was a beautiful day yesterday but it looks very blustery today and looks like rain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bunting is really lovely. Had a coffee while reading this blog today, Ilona, felt like looking at a chum's holiday snaps. You have some great places around you. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos of your walk Ilona. I really like the apple tree against the wall. I would love to do that with one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. All lovely pics, enjoyed reading x

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.