Monday 7 October 2019

Useful stuff.

The other day when I was in Barton with my friend, we had a look in the new Lidl store there which has recently opened. It's very conveniently placed at a junction where two major roads meet, just south of the Humber Bridge. Easy access off a roundabout, I think they will get a lot of people calling in as they are passing. 
I don't normally go to Lidl here in the town, because Aldi is nearer for me, and they are much the same, with similar prices. 
I wasn't in the mood for food shopping, but as we had been to two other places we decided to make it three and take a look. 
I found this little bargain. twelve bobbins full of cotton for £1. Those plastic bobbins are about £2 or so for a small packet of empty ones, so this is a good buy. 
I picked up this as well, also £1. I normally use felt tip pens or pencils to mark out shapes on my fabric, this will be better.

Sometimes it pays to look in the centre non food aisles of Lidl and Aldi, occasionally there is some useful stuff there.
Toodle pip.  ilona

7 comments:

  1. I love Lidl Ilona. The only problem is with the middle isles is that you have to make a decision there and then to buy or when you go back they will all be gone.
    I have never had any complaints about Lidl for food or other items.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful with the blue chalk. I have had some issues with it not coming out of fabric. Test first. Otherwise, very good deals.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im lucky that I have got 2 Lidl and 2 Aldi all 5 to 10 minutes drive away from me.I do go quickly down the middle isle but never get chance to look properly because of the parking restrictions there.The parking people clock your car number as you enter the car park and clock it on the way out,resulting in a £70? fine if you go over the time of one and half hours.If you have to wait for a space and que at the checkouts,half hour of that is gone already.I have to que twice as I get my Mams shopping,which is a trolly load and put in the car...then run back in to get mine which is an even bigger trolly load!.My Mam cant even come with me now as she is disabled and walks very slow,which will take even more time.I must miss out on some great bargains down those middle isles.I just wish that they gave you time to browes through them.Their foods are always good though in both!,xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dad just loves the middle aisle in Lidl. He's always giving us things that "Are just too cheap not to buy!" Often very useful but we still haven't used the telescope yet though! Great finds for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bobbins wouldn't fit in any of my sewing machines....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone said that at Crafty Club, but they work ok in my Janome. I've just made some bunting.

      Delete
  6. You never know what you might see in Lidl's & Aldi. I also purchased those bobbins, they fit my Toyota sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.