Tuesday 29 October 2019

Quick visit to Hull

I took a bus ride to Hull this afternoon, I wanted to check out the location of the hotel I will be visiting. It's in the centre of Hull so I wasn't sure if there would be a car park. There is, not a big one for the size of the hotel, so I hope it doesn't get chocca and I can get a space.

While I was there I had a look at the exhibitions at Ferens Art Gallery. Most of the paintings are not my cup of tea, Old Masters type of thing, very ancient. There was some up to date modern art, but it didn't float my boat, I couldn't see the point of a lot of it.

I've got 20 shopping bags to give away after my talk, and will randomly toss them into the audience. Hope that doesn't start a riot when they try and grab them, ha ha.

I'll go for a walk now, nearly at the end of the month and I want to top up my miles. The target for 10 months is 833 miles, which is what I am on now, so I'll just slip a few more in to give me a start for November.
Toodle pip.   ilona

6 comments:

  1. As you are going to be a speaker would it not be possible for the organisation to reserve a space in the car park for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They might do, if I ask. I'm not going to though, I don't expect privileges. People carrying loads of stuff would need the spaces, I can walk in with one bag.

      Delete
  2. We will definitely reserve a space for you, there's a big car park just right at the back of the hotel. We can't wait to see you. Thanks Pam for pointing this out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There’s a pretty good car park behind the station - down Anlaby Rd from Ferensway and turn right over a bridge. I’ve left my car there overnight without breaking the bank and there’s always room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your bag tossing will cause a bit of excitement and laughter Ilona x

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.